Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I shouldn't have gone shopping today.  I was just feeling a bit of cabin fever and needed to get out a bit.  With a stop off at Wendy's for a $2 meal of double cheeseburger, sour cream and chive baked potato and a free (senior discount) value sized diet coke, I was a cheap date even if I was the one taking me out.  But I was still a bit weak and had to stop and sit a couple of times while shopping.  Then I got out to the car and remembered that I had forgotten to get anything on the list.  In fact, I forgot I had a list.  So back into the store for the forgotten items.

I got home ready to collapse but as I hadn't gone online at all today, decided to get that done before I crawled back into my pajamas and under the covers.

It was very cold today.  Especially in light of the balmy days we've had all weekend.  Almost all of the snow is gone, which is great, but we had wind chills of about 3 degrees F.  Very brisk winds.  I was walking into StuffMart and two women were ahead of me in light jackets with hoods that they weren't wearing and bitching the whole time about how cold their heads were.  I have been known to keep my mouth shut on occasion so I didn't point out to them that they had hoods on their jackets.

Tom will be driving the car from now on as gas is over $3 a gallon.  To be honest, I wish he had done that from the start since it takes more money to drive the truck, but he smokes in the truck so he prefers to take it.  I have to go to the library tomorrow but I'm not going anywhere else and then home to start tearing into the house and doing some cleaning.

I also need to get outside when it's not so windy and start pruning the apple tree.  We've never been able to use the apples since we moved in here 12 years ago because they are the size of grapes.  I bought pruning shears this past summer so I could change that.  We also didn't get any pears either, but I suspect it has more to do with the tree being diseased than needing shearing.  January and February seem to be the optimum times to prune up here.  Or so I've been told.

Well, off to bed to sneeze, cough and knit.

TTFN

1 comment:

Inis said...

Happy New Year to You!!!