Sunday, January 30, 2011

What else will stop working?

We're under a winter storm watch but I'm not sure we'll get anything from it.  Or not much.  Our news comes mostly from Milwaukee (or Madison) and Milwaukee is gearing up for several inches of the white stuff, but we're pretty far away so I don't know.  At any rate, I'm not going anywhere tomorrow and Tom's taking the car, which drives so much better on snow than the truck does.

Our printer went out today. Great. It had been groaning and moaning for a couple of weeks and then just refused to load the paper today.  I picked up two so Tom can have one upstairs.  Printers are now cheaper than the ink.  Go figure.

And I really did want to stay home today, but I didn't want to wait a week to get another printer as I've got stuff I want to print out this week.  But I'm home now and need to figure out supper.  Tom laid a chicken out that he wants Zach to cut up but it's still frozen solid so I've got to come up with plan B, which is thawing out some hamburger in the skillet and making a rice dish to go in it.  Instant casserole.

I'm going to plant some herbs this week.  I'm getting antsy to get some green in my life and my little Christmas tree just isn't enough.  I need to start looking at online nurseries because I want some unusual herbs, not the kind you can pick up at the grocery. 

Well, supper is on the stove and the clothes are in the washer so I think I'm going to go lie down for a bit while the meat thaws and the washer does its thing.

TTFN

No comments: