Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Will I manage to sleep two nights in a row?

I hadn't intended this to be a full errand day but I had a prescription come in at the pharmacy and we were out of cheese so I went ahead and did the shopping.  I've paid for the deductible on my prescriptions now so the rest of the year will be normal co-pays.  I'm choking at the deductible though.

I'm absolutely staying home the rest of the week though.  I need to do laundry and cleaning.  And crafting.  None of which is getting done.

I managed to sleep last night.  Good, uninterrupted sleep.  I didn't even hear Tom come home and if Professor wanted out, he didn't bother to ask me.  I never feel rested but this is as close to it as I get so I'm grateful.  I'm going to try some herbal tea tonight and see if that gives me two nights in a row.

Zach's tics are back with a vengeance.  His Tourette's has been largely manageable but last night was so bad he was in pain from the tics and was a bit frightened about the disruption to his breathing.  Plus he's swinging his arm out and he's afraid to go out in public in case he hits another old lady (he did once, many years ago.)  I made him go out with me but never mentioned it and he didn't have any problems but I felt he needed to get out and get among people.  He still tic'd but didn't harm anyone else and didn't draw attention to himself, which is one of his greatest fears.  He doesn't want to go back on medication though because the meds made him a zombie.  He just couldn't function.  Plus he doesn't have insurance and we can't afford a neurologist.

I'm going to give him some herbal tea tonight, too.  I offered some suggestions that did help: some relaxation techniques that we developed when he was younger, hot drinks and a hot water bottle on his stomach.  These didn't do away with the tics but they lessened them enough he could get to sleep.  He didn't have eye-blinking last night, which was good.  His eye-blinking has gotten so bad at times that he can't read or watch tv or computer and his forehead and eyes were so muscle sore that he was in tears.

I just hope this is just an interim thing and not the full return of the tics.

The OCD, however, is with us always.

I didn't knit much last night.  I managed a little reading and knit for about 15 minutes while watching some Graham Norton, but then turned the lights off and went to bed.  Sleep followed quickly after.  I'll have to watch that episode again later.  I've got one more Midsomer Murder to finish but I renewed it so there's no rush.  I have more on order from the library so I'm going to wait until I've finished the lot of them before starting Earth: Final Conflict.  The library still doesn't have their copy catalogued yet.

I won't be listening to the State of the Union address.  I never do.  Can't stand them no matter who is President.  Good thing I've got cable and dvds and dvr.  I'm not sure how much knitting I'll get done tonight because I hope to get to bed early and get a full night of sleep again.  I do function much better when I've had more than 3 hours a night.  Odd how that works.

Off to fix supper:  spaghetti and meatballs and a veg.  No, I didn't make my own meatballs.  They were frozen and on sale.  I can get several meals out of this bag.  Then into my pajamas and into bed.  I am getting dressed in the mornings now and that's helping the depression a bit.  Plus it makes changing into my jammies something to look forward to at the end of the day.

TTFN

No comments: