Thursday, January 13, 2011

They don't make it easy

I had a book in at the library so I went ahead and did the shopping, too.  Tom wanted me to get Zach out of the house because of his depression.  He questioned the diagnosis, assuming Zach had diagnosed himself, but I pointed out that his psychiatrist had diagnosed it and put him on a regimen of anti-depressants that left him zombified.  He remembered that and is on board with helping Zach out.  Zach is better now that he's been out and about but initially he was nearly in tears and feeling like a failure. 

I'm going to set up my room with a mini-studio in it so I can work on jewelry and art.  I don't have a place to do that as the dining table is always covered in junk no matter how often I clean it off.  And yes, I am a bit testy today.  I scrubbed the bathroom down yesterday, got a compliment from it today and also need to scrub it back down again.  I have no idea why a shower can get the bathtub so dirty but apparently it does.

I have a card table in the basement I'm going to set up in my bedroom after I take out some other furniture so I've got a place for the beads, art supplies and such.  I also plan on doing knitted jewelry as well.  Not sure about crocheted.  I like knitted better for some reason.

So Zach is going to fix supper tonight while I work on my room so tomorrow I'll start setting aside some time for "business" and will use it only for that purpose.  I will need to research small business law for Wisconsin.  I thought all you needed was to set up an Etsy shop but apparently you need a business license, federal and state tax numbers and the ability to apply sales tax in your state and any reciprocal states.  This is the part that overwhelms me and makes me not want to do this.

I'm making progress on the socks.  I ran out of the blue but it's in the foot of the second sock so it won't show unless I take my shoes off and I don't normally do that in the store or library.  I'm of the opinion that socks need not match anyway.  Same with earrings.  I have an odd pair I wear all the time.  One mini-hoop and one post.  And then a set of larger hoops.  So far either no one has noticed or no one cares.

I'm also making progress on the coat.  It's a Navajo coat from an old Annie's Attic magazine.  Or is it Crochet Home?   Can't remember. 

It is snowing again.  Tiny flakes but they are accumulating.  Supposedly only an inch or so but it's supposed to snow tomorrow, too, so I'm not sure how much we'll get.  The roads were okay on the way home, but at intersections they were a bit slick.  Nearly everyone was taking their time.  You do get the oddball who thinks he can take corners as fast as usual and drive at speed limits or over.

Tomorrow is for the checkbook and bills, and the living room.  And anything else I can get done.  But at least those three things.  Tonight is for my bedroom and hopefully an early night.  I need to get my sleep patterns more normal and wake up at a decent time.  I'm sleeping until nearly noon lately...just to get 6 hours or so.  It's the getting and staying asleep that is a a problem.

Off to get some things done and then crawl into my jammies and bed for the night.

TTFN

No comments: