Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting it over with

Tom needed some cash for a poker party at his brother's house tomorrow so I ended up going to the store.  I just went ahead and bought the groceries for the upcoming week because it seemed pointless when it's all on the same paycheck.

As per the course, it started snowing on my way there.  Not much accumulation but at times there were near white-out conditions and people are driving without their headlights on.  I know...they can see so they don't think they need their lights on.  Trouble is, we can't see them.

Once at the store I was driving through the parking lot when a car whipped in front of me from the opposite direction aisle heading toward a handicap spot.  Another car came in from the wrong direction and took it so this person took a regular spot.  As I was walking to the store this guy gets out of his car and it's obvious there is nothing wrong with him.  He was walking faster than me; much, much younger than me, too. I'm thinking that he's driving a car with handicap plates but is not himself handicapped.  I swear if he had taken that spot away from the elderly woman who got it first, I would have called the police on him.  I'm just in that kind of mood today.

I must admit that my mother frequently parks in handicap spots because my dad has the plates for it.  But as she's nearly 80, I dare anyone to turn her in.

I rarely ever park near the front entrance, preferring the back of the lot where I don't have to get into micturating contests with the idiots who think those extra few feet of walking will kill them.  Not to mention the congestion of people driving versus people walking across the crosswalk area.  I can forgive someone who just can't walk fast, but those who think it's a place to visit with their friends as they walk at snail speed...well, I wouldn't run them over, but I sure do make nasty comments about them.

I thought I was going to make it all winter without falling but alas!  I was getting stuff out of the back seat and backed up and fell over a low snow bank that remained from the previous snows.  It was rock solid ice and just ankle height.  I ended up on my side in a cushion of snow that that is the third time this week I've done something to my lower back.  Wednesday night I was backing up in the theater and tripped over the area where the aisle starts ramping down.  I wrenched my hip trying to avoid a fall and this morning I nearly tripped over the kitchen stool and wrenched the same hip trying to avoid another fall.  I guess it was just a good idea to fall and get it over with.

Not hurting too badly now but I am taking a hot water bottle to bed here in a little bit to see if I can forestall pain later.  Zach is fixing supper since he didn't go shopping with me. 

But as it took my afternoon to get this done, I won't get the living room cleaned up.  Not the end of the world.  That happens in 2012 apparently so I have plenty of time to get it cleaned.

I started crocheting a blanket out of the black and red yarn I got for the hat I was working on.  I went back to the Vanna's Choice for it as Red Heart just didn't lend itself well to that pattern.  Which I need to check for errata as the pattern doesn't work out with the graph.  Too many or too little stitches for the pattern to repeat itself exactly.  No problem.  I've got many more patterns to work on in the meantime.

Well, Professor keeps bugging me to come to bed so I'm off to crawl into my jammies and knit while cuddling my hot water bottle against my lower back.  And catch up on the dvr stuff I've got saved.

Zach got the bathroom scrubbed while I was gone so I'll count that against bringing the house up to speed.

TTFN

No comments: