Friday, January 28, 2011

Nearly finished with January

So much for staying home today.  More stuff in at the library and I didn't want to let them sit there all weekend so I went today and just did some shopping while I was out.  I only got a few things, but since we only needed a few things, I think we're set for a while.

Four new Midsomer Murders dvds so this weekend will be full of MM and knitting...or crocheting.  I worked on the Tree of Life afghan this morning and have been making steady progress on the gansey scarf.  The Navajo coat is also growing steadily but I've been looking longingly at my kick spindle so I think some spinning is called for this weekend, too.  I am so close to finishing up the pound of Welsh top.  Think of all the socks I can knit from that much yarn.  And mittens.  I can keep busy for ages.  I'll have to figure out the colors I want to dye it though.  I don't want to dye it all one color.  I want many dye lots of yarn.

It started snowing as I was walking out of StuffMart today.  Just a light snow, not sticking so far, which is good.  I had refilled the bird feeders before I left but they weren't completely empty, although close to it.  I have been noticing birds at the suet but when I checked it hasn't been nibbled at.  I don't know what the problem is.  It doesn't feel frozen so I can't figure out why they're not getting anything from it.

It was almost like spring today.  Well, our springs consist of temps in the 30s but today the mid 20s felt nice and warm.  Mostly because there was little wind today.  I noticed a lot of people out with coats open, no hats or mittens and acting like spring was in the air.  I wish.

I was going to wash clothes tonight but I might not dry them until I see what the weather is like tomorrow.  I might get by with hanging them out.  I'll have to wade through 6 inches of snow to do it, but why now? 

I so need to get caught up on the house this weekend but it's hard when Tom is home because the house is tiny and more people at home means less room to maneuver.  I'll put it off until next week.  I'm really good at procrastinating.

Off to fix supper and then my favorite time of day...crawling into my jammies and under the covers to work on projects and watch whatever on tv.

TTFN



No comments: