Thursday, January 6, 2011

Clean kitchen, warm heart

I got the kitchen scrubbed enough to know that it will take many more attempts before it's really clean.  But this effort will have to do for now as I have more rooms to go.  I'm not going to push too much today because I don't want to end up down for three days in order to have one good day.  I'll settle for satisfactory days and continuity rather than that one burst of energy.  In the meantime, the kitchen looks good.  No one need ever know how dirty it still is. Um...no one except you guys.

I listened to podcasts while working, which made the time breeze by.  I still want to clean my room up including vacuuming but that won't be exhausting as I generally keep up with it.  Okay aside from the cobwebs and the dust elephants.  On the surface I keep it tidy.

Baked macaroni and cheese tonight for supper.  I'm making a bigger amount so we have some for lunch tomorrow.  Right.  Like anyone will leave anything.  It's one of their favorites.  Mine, too, actually.  I'm planning on baby limas and cornbread tomorrow night.  Working on stretching the meat supply.  Beans are cheap.  Meat not so much.

I called my parents today because Tom's cell phone expires tomorrow and we're not going to renew it.  I'm not on the road anymore so we don't need three cell phones.  If I need to go anywhere, like the doctor's office in Fond du Lac, I can take Zach's phone with me.  It's not a huge amount of money per month but as we have to pay it once a year, it usually catches us at a time we don't have the money.  We're good for several months now.

I refilled the bird feeder today but one of them was barely touched.  The suet, on the other hand, was almost gone.  I sprinkled the remnant on the ground for the crows or the bunnies and put more squares in the cages.  It's pretty cold out there so I imagine they need the extra fat.

I didn't do much knitting last night, especially as I didn't crawl into bed until nearly 11 p.m.  I was going to start another pair of mitts but didn't.  It's a good thing since my mother said my dad wouldn't wear them anyway.  I'm thinking of starting another crocheted afghan.  I like to keep a crochet project going, too.  I do have plenty to do if I run out of the cheap yarn I use for afghans though.  Well, the Tree of Life isn't using cheap yarn.  I'm using Annie's Choice.  Not top of the line but really good mid range acrylic.

I don't plan on going back to the store until Monday.  It will take some creativity but I do have enough to get by until then.  I get itchy feet staying in the house this long but that, too, must become habit rather than going to town three to five times a week.  I'll get more housework and crafting done, too.  If I get to antsy I'll run to Mayville and pick up a beading needle and maybe some more beads.  It's an investment rather than a whim anyway.

Off to finish up supper.

TTFN

No comments: