Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve

Tom and I are making home-made pizza tonight.  I made the dough in the bread machine, chopped up the veg and he's making the crust and putting it all together.  We make the best pizza.  Even better than Pizza Hut.  He wanted a special meal and I thought this would be both economical and, since he likes to help with it, less exhaustive for me.

I'm devious that way.

I did a lot of knitting this morning in between naps.  I slept fitfully last night due to my scratchy throat.  I kept waking up to drink something to soothe it.  No real coughing yet.  It's mostly a head cold.  Thankfully not the flu.  I can endure this but I become a big baby with the flu.

I ripped back the scarf for Rylee because I think it was too long.  She's only about 5 and it came to my waist so I shortened it by about 2 inches so far.  It's an easy, mindless knit so I'm not worried about it.  I'll start the second fingerless mitt tonight while watching tv.  Not sure what I'll be watching tonight.  Probably no docs tonight.  Maybe a Farscape marathon.  Or Star Trek again.  I haven't watched the docs to it yet although the gag reel is great.

The last day of 2010.  I keep reading how bad it was for so many people but for me, while our finances keep me awake most nights, it hasn't been the worst year.  I'm trying to be more positive about my life which is hard, having been raised to view everything negatively.  I'm making progress.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful new year's eve.  And a safe one. We don't go out at all.  I don't like to compete with people who think they haven't had too much to drink.

TTFN

No comments: