Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Better today

My head and heart are clearer today although the snow isn't making me jump for joy.  It is brightening up the drab brown landscape a bit.  Until you get to StuffMart's parking lot and see the nasty gray slush in the road.  Still, feeling better is good no matter what.

Zach is a bit perkier, too, which is also good.  Having two people in the house who suffer from clinical depression is difficult at best.

I found some beading needles today although they were in a beading kit.  I bought them anyway as there are instructions and patterns that will help bring me up to speed.  I haven't made jewelry in a while so some instructions will help.  I am still struggling to get past these overwhelming fears of failure that have plagued me my whole life and have kept me from realizing my potential.

I frogged the crocheted afghan because it just was too much work.  Not that I mind something challenging but it was designed for Tunisian crochet that could also be made with single crochet but as Tunisian crochet is worked from one direction all the time (each row has two passes on it) the design wasn't working out as I was working back and forth.  I was losing my brain cells trying to count each row figuring out where I needed to be when I started the pattern, so I decided it wasn't fun and quit.  While looking through my old crochet magazines, I found a coat I had wanted to make years ago and since I had nearly all the colors I needed (I picked up some off-white today) I started it last night.  It looks fun and will take quite a while to finish, thereby giving me hours of project fulfillment.

But I really do need to get busy on the house.  There is a mountain of laundry that I must get started on tonight.  We're back to using the bucket under the faucet during showers as our water bill went up $10 when we stopped doing that.  Between the laundry, the dishes and mopping floors, I can use the water without any wasting.

I'm also back to washing dishes by hand.  The key is keeping up and doing them throughout the day instead of waiting until supper is over and catching up.  I also use up less water that way.

Time to start supper and laundry so I can crawl into bed and finish up my pair of socks from leftover Woolease.  I've got one sock completely done so I know there is plenty for the second sock.  I need some mindless knitting tonight to go with the complicated crocheted coat pattern.

TTFN

No comments: