Monday, January 17, 2011

Yet another blue day

Another blue day for me.  I can't predict these and can't take anything for them.  It doesn't help that it's been snowing all day and there is a driveway to clear before Tom gets home tonight or he won't be able to get up it.  sigh

I never made it out of my pajamas today, which are actually sweats but with a housecoat.  If I had just put a jacket on, it would have been my day clothes.  We did the shopping last night so Tom could take the car to work.  The truck is crap on snow and since Tom drives a long way and at night, he really needs to take it.  Especially with gas over $3 a gallon now.  He got a taste of how groceries had gone up as we only bought foodstuffs except for the salt for the water softener and it was over $100. 

I am hoping the weather doesn't go nuts again this week as I have to drive up to Fond du Lac on Wednesday.  As it is, I'm taking 151 up instead of the country highways because they're not the best way to go in snowy weather.  Or after a snow.  Especially driving through the small towns.  It's more mileage but about the same amount of time.  I can swing by the library on my way home and pick up the dvds that are (and will be) in and leave the books I'm done with.

I've been working on a project all day that has turned out crap so I'll have to start over with another pattern.  I hate the wasted time.  I need to sort out my beads and beading equipment and get all my crafting stuff better organized before I start doing anything.  It will take most of the day to just get everything together because it's all over the house in various cupboards, closets and drawers.

I finished up the first of the Australian murder mysteries.  I liked it pretty well.  The writing is excellent but I figured out who the murderer was in the first chapter. I'm at the 9th chapter in the third book (library didn't have the second one) and still don't know who it is, so either that was a lucky guess or he's improved in his writing.  Still...excellent books.  They're by Garry Disher.  The first one was The Dragon Man.

I watched The Road to Perdition today.  Really good movie but not one I ever intended to watch.  It just happened that I couldn't change channels right away and got caught up in it.  Another movie I watched last week was Flame and Citron, a Danish movie (subtitled) about two heroes of the WWII Resistance.  Amazing acting.  I may have already mentioned this in another entry but who can remember anything these days?

Actually I prefer subtitles to dubbing.  I had dvr'd The Mariachi but it was dubbed and even though most of the actors did their own dubbing, it was still not as good as the original version.  I can't knit or crochet to movies like that but that's okay.  I'd rather see the original.  The dubbing detracts from the acting, in my not so humble opinion.

Well, I can smell the macaroni and cheese in the oven so I need to get a veg cooked to go along with it.  I'm really ready for winter to be over.  I hate to say it because I was ready for summer to be over before August, but I'm tired of the snow.  It would beautiful if I didn't have to shovel it or drive in it.

Then again, I'm in an absolutely crappy mood today so that could be it, too.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Mac and cheese is always a great food when we are down. It is rainy and grey here.
I need to do some knitting, I think you do too!
Vicki