Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Going to the movie

Home, at last!

We went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader tonight.  Loved it!!  Loved it!!  Can't wait for it to come out on dvd.  So different from the books but a vast improvement, if you ask me.  There was no real plot to VODT and so it's hard to make a movie out of it.  I had read they mined stuff from The Silver Chair but it's been so long since I read it, I don't remember much about it.  Have to dig it out and read it again.

Of course it started snowing this afternoon so we took the car instead of the truck.  The truck is lousy on snow but Tom knows its quirks and I don't. I didn't want to drive it on snowy roads I don't know really well, especially at night.  I took my time, drove slowly even though the snow was just a dusting.  The lines in the road were completely covered up so it was hit or miss trying to stay on the road.

Went to Beaver Dam afterwards to get more books from the library that are in.  Why do they all come in at once?  Still, got it out of the way so I don't have to go out again. Tom has a poker party this weekend so I got some cash at Stuffmart and picked up a few things on sale.  I didn't get any snacks for myself.  I'm such a good girl.

Walked in the door at around 10 p.m. and I'm beat but I still have sheets in the dryer and beds to make.  Hannibal threw up in my bed last night so they had to be washed.  I did Zach's as well so I would have a full load.  I really want to just crawl into bed but as it's not made right now, that's not happening for a half hour at least.  The dryer is still taking forever to dry stuff but I was 6 loads of clothes behind.  The last two loads I might hang on racks.

Tomorrow I tackle the house and the checkbook.  I sure hope I've got the energy for that.  I've got an appointment with the rheumatologist this month...my semi-annual visit.  I dread the drive up there, but if I want my pain pills, I have to do it.

I didn't knit much last night.  I was so tired I just laid in bed and watched television.  I saw a really good documentary about some Crystal Caves in Mexico.  Simply amazing.  They looked like something out of a sci fi movie.  And the heat.  It was 113F in there with 90% humidity.  No human could last more than 30 minutes in there.  They would literally poach to death.

Tonight I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for but I suspect not much knitting tonight either.  After I get the bed made and straighten my room back up, I'll be ready to just crash.

But I am looking forward to being productive tomorrow.  I have to keep hoping that will happen.  Otherwise, what's the point?

TTFN

No comments: