Thursday, January 20, 2011

Okay, I'm officially tired of winter

Brrrrr!  Lots of wind chills going on here today.  It was 8F on my way home from yet another trip to town to pick up some books that came in after I picked up the dvd that came in yesterday.  So I got it all over with and then picked up some things for Tom at the store.  And just did the rest of the shopping as well so I don't have to go out at all this weekend.  It started snowing on the way out of StuffMart.  Icy bits that hurt when they blast your face.  I see it's still going on except there is more snow falling down.  I didn't expect it, didn't see it in any forecasts.  And the sky was barely cloudy.  Mother Nature is such a tease.

So once again I got nothing done here at home.  I'll work on my bedroom when I rest up a bit and that's all I plan on doing.  Zach can fix supper tonight.  Hamburger Helper is our friend.

My shoulder is doing better.  Not as warm as yesterday but I went ahead and bought another tube of the arthritis cream so Tom can have some in his lunch box.  He, being an old man, has various aches and pains but doesn't like to take anything for it.  He will, however, use topical creams, which gives him more relief than ibuprofen, which gives him terrible eczema, or naproxen sodium, which puts him into a deep, deep depression.  That leaves aspirin or tylenol and he won't take tylenol because of the possible damage to the liver.  So he takes aspirin.  The arthritis cream solves the problem.  But it also solves my problem so we need two tubes of it.

I finished up the second Garry Disher mystery.  It was excellent!  I couldn't figure out who the murderer was until nearly the last chapter.  And I was wrong!  I love it when that happens.  Unfortunately, the library doesn't have the third book so I ordered it.  I hope it comes in soon, because I have the fourth and fifth book sitting on my nightstand waiting to be read.  I'm pretty much a stickler for reading things in order but in this case he refers to previous cases in such a way as reveals the outcome so I will wait.  I love finding new authors.  Well, he's not new, but he's new to me.

I've got three more Midsomer Murders to watch...episodes I've never seen so that is good for me.  I'm still muddling through on the Navajo coat and another pair of socks from bits and bobs of leftover Woolease.  This one is red and mostly white and I think I'll actually get a matching pair out of this bit.  Then I'm pretty much left with socks that will have similar colors but won't exactly match.  Doesn't matter much.  Although my mother got tons of compliments when she was in the hospital for the socks I knitted her.  She bragged on me, for once.  I need to pick up some more sock yarn this summer and knit on some of the thinner stuff.  I haven't done that in over a year.  Imagine!

Getting out has really helped my mood.  I need to do more of that even if only around the block or so.  Problem is the icy sidewalks and the bitter sub-zero winds.  I'll figure it out.

I've managed to lose Zach's dragon material.  I thought it was in one of my drawers but I can't seem to find it.  I looked in the closet with my yarn stash and it's not there either.  It's in the house, I know that.  I just don't know where in the house.  In fact...last time I saw it, it was in my room.  He's cleaning his room and wants it to drape on his cabinet that looks so cruddy. 

Well, off to look some more and then to work on my own room.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Good for you to get out! I am also tired of winter, but it is good for knitting. I'll have to check out the mystery author you mentioned.
Take care and keep warm
Vicki