Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzards aren't just from Dairy Queen

I'm still in my jeans and sweater because Zach and I will have to shovel the driveway before Tom gets home.  Which means I have to stay awake long enough to do that.  I hadn't intended to go anywhere today but with the threat of nearly a foot of snow between now and Wednesday, I thought I should stock up on bread and a few other items.  Oatmeal as well.

I took the truck so Tom could take the car to work since the truck is crap on snow.  In fact, on the way home, even though there was hardly any snow on the road, I was slipping a bit.  I slowed down and pulled over whenever anyone got behind me but I'm not about to take that truck out when it's snowing ever again.  Unless it's necessary.

I also bought myself some boots today.  I've lived here for nearly 14 years without boots.  Boots that fit.  I have a pair that are short and they scoop snow onto my socks and they're really tight and miserable to wear.  These look like wellies, those rubber boots farmers wear, but they fit and I can get an extra pair of socks on and they come up to my knees so I won't be filling my boots with snow anymore.  Unless the snow is taller than my knees.  Not to expensive and I can use them this summer in the garden.

My niece and nephew are in the midst of an ice storm in Indianapolis.  School was canceled for tomorrow which is good for them as they both work for the schools.  I said something on my nephew's fb status and I got no response.  I have suspected for a while that they've hidden me.  sigh  So glad my family is interested in my life.

Or not. I'm not the same person I used to be.

I really want to crawl into bed right now but we're waiting for the snow plow to go through so we can shovel a path through it.  I stood and sadly sighed over a small snow blower today.  No way we can afford it. 

I guess I'll get some knitting done and watch another episode of Midsomer Murders so I can get them back on Friday.  I'm pretty sure the roads will be clear by then.  At least I hope so.

TTFN

No comments: