Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Got it over with

The appointment is behind me, thankfully and it will be summer before I need to go back up there.  Hopefully.  The freeway was clear of snow and I got there about 15 minutes faster than if I had taken the back country highways.  Which means I'm not taking them anymore.

I really like my rheumatologist.  She's so easy to talk to and is funny and understanding about pain.  She gives me more than I need because she knows that having just enough makes people hoard their pills instead off managing their pain.  She told me I'm sensible about my limitations and my pain...meaning, she said, that I don't give in but I don't ignore it either.  That was good to hear.

As it turned out, it was good I kept my appointment and didn't reschedule.  I went to bed very early last night because this insomnia is wearing me down.  I shut the lights off at 7:45 p.m. and was asleep before 8 only to wake up at 8:20 with pain in my right shoulder.  I have arthritis there but it hasn't bothered me in a long time.  Until last night.  I took a tramadol and it didn't help.  After a while I took some ibuprofen and still no help.  Finally Tom got home and had his arthritis cream I had gotten him from the store so I rubbed that on my shoulder and it did the trick.  From now on, I'll skip the tramadol and ibuprofen and go straight to the arthritis cream.

So the dr checked my shoulder and it was pretty hot to the touch but my mobility was great so she said to just keep using the cream as needed and lay off hauling heavy buckets of water down to the basement for a while.  Let the manly men in the house do it for a while.

I didn't do any knitting or crocheting last night.  Just hit the bed and tried to sleep.  While I was waiting to get sleepy again, I watched Inglorious Basterds.  I'm a huge fan of Quentin Tarentino but the movie just hadn't appealed to me before.  Figuring that I would probably fall asleep during it, I started watching it but I was riveted to it and watched it to the end.  Fabulous movie.  Absolutely fabulous.  But I still wasn't sleep at the end of it.  By 3 a.m. I finally fell asleep only to wake up at 6:30 a.m. to let Professor out.  And again at 8:50 a.m.  I had my alarm set for 11 a.m. so I could get up and dressed for my appointment but at 10:40 he started whuffing at me.  Tom was up by this time and he wouldn't go to him.  No, he wanted me up.  He wouldn't allow Tom to let him out but hopped back on the bed when Tom tried and lay down on my chest with his nose almost touching mine and just looked at me.  Finally I got up and let him out.  I'm taking herbal tea tonight because the lack of sleep and depression are linked at the hip and I'm tired of feeling like this.

I found Earth: Final Conflict, season one, at Stuffmart today for $10 so I got it.  In fact, I got two and donated one copy to the library.  We have the most amazing library system that is better (and cheaper) than Netflix so once in a while, when I can, I donate a dvd.  I haven't done it in a couple of years so I was glad to do that.  I know money is really tight but how could I pass up something that won't be available next week.  I missed out on Babylon 5 because I was trying to be economical.  They haven't had it in the store ever since.

I should start supper now.  I'm so frigging tired that I don't care if anyone eats, frankly, but Tom will be hungry when he gets home and as I've mentioned before, 1 a.m. isn't a good time to cook a meal.  Then I'm going to bed.  But I won't try to sleep until at least 10 or so.  Apparently trying to sleep to early makes it much worse.

And my shoulder is feeling better albeit a bit sore so I'm going to use the cream on it before I sit down to knit or crochet or anything.  Tomorrow I'm organizing my craft stuff so my room doesn't look so cluttered.  Then I'll tackle the rest of the house as I'm able.  I don't sleep well in a cluttered room and sleeping well is a priority, according to the dr.

Off to cut up some leftover chicken and make some store brand chicken rice-a-roni with a veg.

TTFN

No comments: