Friday, January 14, 2011

The monumental trek from my bed to the kitchen on a day of no energy

What a wasted day!  I hadn't had an insomniac night in a while but I watched the sun rise before I got to sleep only to get up with Professor a half hour later to let him out.  In the end, I slept until nearly noon but I've been dragging ever since.  I need to do some laundry but that can wait until tomorrow.  I put the dishes in the dishwasher as they can wait until tomorrow, too.  Baked ziti tonight with green beans.  Nothing exciting.

I need to darn some socks and maybe put some wildly colored socks together.  I finally finished the other blue (and black) sock so I wore them today.  I knitted them a bit smaller as all my other socks seem to grow when I put them on and I nearly walk out of them because they get so big.  These feel great.  Even if they aren't the same color blue.  Which I totally didn't notice until I put them on. 

Still working on the Navajo coat.  It's a bit longer than it's supposed to be but I'm using a bigger hook because it's for a small person and I'm not a small person.  Although I would like to be again.  Or smaller, anyway.  So tonight will be sock darning, Navajo coat and the Tree of Life afghan, which I have been neglecting badly.  And a lot of dvr stuff.  And maybe more Farscape.  I haven't watched that in a week or so and I'm nearly done with season 2 so I'd like to finish it up.

I tried to reschedule my appointment with the rheumatologist so I can drive up there in better weather but she doesn't have a single opening until May and my meds won't hold out that long so I'll keep my appointment and hope for good weather.  Darn it!

I've got the oven on so Professor is heading for Zach's room.  Ages ago the oven set off the smoke alarm I had on the basement steps and ever since then when Professor finds out the oven is on, he hides in Zach's room.  He used to head out the door and stand as far from the house as his leash would let him.  At least he stays indoors now.  The problem wasn't that something was burning in the oven, it was the smoke alarm was too close to the oven and would set off any time I cooked.

We're supposed to get 2 more inches of snow tonight and snow the next two days but not heavy accumulation.  I hope not.  I haven't refilled the bird feeder all week and haven't seen any of my birds but I'm assuming they're not starving as there is plenty spilled on the ground to last them a day or two.  My guess is they're off visiting someone else.

I'm heading to bed as soon as I'm done with supper to take a tramadol and a hot water bottle.  I'm having foot problems today with some toes on my right foot bothering me.  No idea why but a hot water bottle should solve the problem.  Not to mention warm me up.  I'll be glad when it warms up outside.  Normally I love winter but I'm tired of being cold and I'm tired of not being able to walk on the sidewalks because of melted and re-frozen snow.  I'm going to get my step out and work on that for now since I can't get out to walk without driving somewhere else.  I've thought about going to the mall but that's way too early for me. 

Off to get supper out of the oven and munch down.  I'm reading an Australian murder mystery right now that is really good.  I've got other non-fiction to read as well but my brain isn't cooperating with that right now.  Hopefully I'll get it read before I have to take it back to the library.  And I've got a book on Viking knitting patterns and how to figure out cables and such from designs on art and weaponry.  It's interesting.

Off I go.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I'm blaming my slug mood on the weather. ha
Take care
Vicki