Saturday, January 8, 2011

Needing to keep myself on track

I still haven't gotten a lot done in the house, but I am knitting again as well as crocheting so I must be feeling better, right?  And I've managed to keep up with the kitchen as well.  I'll take my little victories as I find them.

I found some Wool Ease in blue that might be enough to knit a pair of socks with.  I've spent the winter darning socks so far and just threw another pair into the laundry that will need darning before they get worn again.  I think some of my socks are 30% mended places.  Definitely tossing them out after the winter is over.  I'm going to go with wool after this.  The only pair of 100% wool socks I've got, I've had for 3 years and only now need a bit of darning.

I'm making progress on my crocheted afghan as well after a few false starts due to miscounting the pattern.  I need to get back to the Tree of Life afghan and my gansey scarf, but I'm burned out on mittens.  I've got my great niece's scarf and a headband plus my uncle's fingerless mitts that I will mail out next week some time.  I can walk to the post office if it's warm enough.  Not so much if it's in the teens, though.  We have nasty winds here most of the winter and that would make it much too cold.

I finished up the Cirque du Freak book that I had only to find out that all they have left are graphic novels and I'm not a fan of them.  So I went to wikipedia to get the synopsis on the remaining 8 books and I'm so glad I didn't bother.  The ending was simply atrocious, plus the storyline from here on is just stupid.  I realize these books are for 5-8th graders but I don't believe they deserve an ending like that.  I'll just settle for the movie and enjoy it...it was by far better than the books.

Now I have time to read the other books I have from the library, including The Triumph of the Moon by my intellectual crush, Professor Ronald Hutton.  I love hearing his talks because he knows how to keep you intrigued by the content and injects enough dry humor into it to make it an enjoyable experience.  I hope his books are equally enjoyable.

I also have several knitting books from the library because I love to look at patterns.  I spend way too much time online just looking at patterns and saving them into my favorite places.  Not that I will knit a tenth of them, but I really like looking at them.

And a book on drawing because I have to get off my tush and get back to that.  I lose progress because I don't keep up with it and the process of starting over again is so boring.  If I would just maintain, I would actually improve.

Same with piano.  I pulled out my music and played around a bit but I've lost ground there, too. 

I need a minder to keep me on track.  LOL

Off to crawl beneath the covers and knit on my socks and afghans.  I have a lot of movies on dvr as I've already caught up on documentaries.  It will fill up again this weekend though so I need to get some stuff out of the way.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I'm so glad that the sun is out. I seem to be moving away from my winter blues.
Here is to longer, brighter days!
Vicki