Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

I don't think we're going to get what everyone else is getting in the way of snow but I could be wrong.  I think we got about 5 inches or so, but I'm just going by what I see out the window.  Zach and Tom did a lot of shoveling today as Tom's shift was canceled.  Supposedly we're under a blizzard watch or warning.  It doesn't look bad out there now.  I'm not going anywhere until it all eases off.  Probably Thursday or so I have to go to the library and pick up a prescription.

I haven't really done much today with the added population in the house.  I don't normally start working on the house until Tom leaves because he needs in the kitchen and the bathroom and then back in the kitchen and then in the kitchen again.  And spends time in the living/dining room other times so it's pointless to work around him.  I just wait it out.  Which I couldn't do today.

I was going to watch Midsomer Murders tonight but he'll be downstairs off and on and turns his tv up so loud I can't hear mine and have to read the closed captioning and since I love those accents, I don't want to miss that.  I'll just slim down my dvr inventory tonight, I guess, while working on the Greek afghan.  I'm just using two colors, which I think looks better.  Purple and off-white.  My color-work is improving.

I should get back to the Navajo coat soon.  I've lost interest in the Tree of Life afghan.  I just don't like my reverse stockinette.  It looks so amateurish.  Therefore the knitted design doesn't look crisp.  I think I'll frog it and find something else to knit out of the yarn.

I have been working on the gansey scarf because I've memorized the pattern and it's easy to knit on.  Although there are cables to deal with and some counting, it's not hard to manage.  Plus I love working with my first spun wool.  I need to get back to my Welsh top, too, and get that spun up so I can dye it this summer.

Summer...seems so far off right now.

Supper is in the oven:  baked ziti with a salad.  I need to get more inventive with meals.  We're recycling the same recipes over and over again.

What I really need is a good cleaning and de-cluttering of the house but that's not going to happen during a blizzard.  Or with a houseful of people.

Zach and Tom were out shoveling today and Professor went nuts, barking hysterically.  I thought it was the mail person but the neighbor's rottweilers were out frolicking in our yard.  They were so friendly and so cute bouncing about in all that snow (we already had about 6-8 inches on the ground before this all started), I was laughing while holding Professor in my arms and trying to keep him from going through the window to get out at them.  I let him out after their owner came to get them (and apologized profusely even after we told him it was okay) so he could sniff their markings.  Tom raced him along the paths he had shoveled for me, to the bird feeders and the compost heap.  He was ready for a nap when he came indoors.

I've been ready for one all day.  I'm sleeping better but I have a lot of years to catch up on.  Hopefully this sleeping pattern will hang around long enough to reap some benefit from it.  All I can do is just enjoy what I'm getting for now though.

Off to get supper out of the oven and then to bed with my knitting for the night.

TTFN

No comments: