Friday, May 14, 2010

Very happy it's Friday

I seem to be coming back to life little by little.  I hung two loads of clothes out on the clothesline and there are two more loads awaiting the same fate tomorrow.  I didn't do as much with the cleaning as I had hoped but at least I'm not incapacitated by the depression, fatigue and pain anymore.  Or at least not as much.  I do still have moments when I feel incapable of doing things again.

I resisted taking a pain pill today.  To be honest I'm not totally sure why not except maybe I was tired enough and didn't want to be tireder.  I managed to walk Professor around the block today.  The steep incline back up the hill had us both slowing down a bit.  I think he wanted me to carry him but I made him walk the whole way.  Need to get this routine established for both of us.

I didn't work outdoors like I wanted to though.  Maybe soon I'll have the energy to keep busy all day.  I've been saying that for several years now, but I always think it might happen so I keep hoping. 

I'm resisting going shopping until next week.  We're not actually low on anything so there's no need but not going was a bit of a struggle.  It felt nearly like withdrawal.  I'm so used to shopping on Friday that it was hard to focus on other things and not go.  I need to get back to cooking more from scratch, too.  The depression/fatigue left me using easier, more expensive choices when it came to cooking so I'm hoping (there's that word again) to get back into the swing of things.  Chili and cornbread tonight, which is like comfort food to me anyway.

I'm going to try to limit all trips to town to one day a week, including the library.  That may or may not work out depending on when things come in but I'm going to try.  Every little bit will help.  I'm also back to washing dishes by hand.  I think in the long run it saves money.  Plus I have the pots and pans I need when I need them rather than waiting for the dishwasher to be full.

Well, supper needs my attention now so I'm off to get some cooking and baking done.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I wash my dishes by hand also. I can't stand to wait until the dish washer is full. And we don't have enough dishes for that.
Ha
Feel better soon.
Keep the walking up
Vicki