Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

We get some very strong winds here but today is the strongest I've seen here (I'm sure I'm wrong but I love to exaggerate.)  I had to go to Stuffmart to get some dirt and more pots and I couldn't get the truck door open initially because of the wind.  Once I did manage to open it, the wind shut it on my leg.  Oh, joy!  Not to worry.  I didn't even bruise but I did limp for a while.

I found some peat moss at the store so I didn't get the pine shavings.  I thought the peat moss would be better, plus we have plenty of coffee grounds.  I'm not going to put it on the blueberry bushes until tomorrow though.  It would probably all blow away.

I got sick again last night, coughing and headache.  Maybe it's allergies instead of the flu.  I can feel the headache coming on again right now so I'm going to take some ibuprofen and lie down for a bit, see if that helps stave off the worse headache I'm bound to get later.

I'm thinking of doing raised beds instead of tilling the ground, especially as we've got so much clay in the soil.  Or rather we have so little soil in our clay.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get things in the pots and then do the raised beds this weekend.  At least get the fence up...otherwise all we're doing is feeding the rabbits.  They're cute to watch out in the yard as long as they aren't eating my plants.

I'm going to go put my feet up and close my eyes for a bit before I fix supper.  I feel like I need a nap every 4 hours or so.

TTFN

No comments: