Sunday, May 23, 2010

Insomnia is a group sport

It got hot today!  I think it was over 90F but it felt hotter because last weekend we were so cold.  Having the new ceiling fan in the common room (for lack of a better word to describe the tiny room that houses the dining table, couch and computer desk as well as the small tv) makes a huge difference.  I had always hated the chandelier. 

I gave Professor a bath today after I brushed him.  I got a huge handful of fur from the brush and then after he dried from the bath, got another huge handful.  He wasn't keen on the bath.  It always amazes me how he knows what I've got planned without me saying a word.  It's like he's psychic or something.  But I did catch him before he got in his bed.  Bed is his sanctuary and we don't bother him when he's in it so if he got there first, I'd have to wait until he got out again.

I re-started the Tree of Life pattern after I realized where I made my mistake.  I hope it turns out better this time.  Sometimes it takes me a few tries before I get the hang of something new.  I crocheted a small amulet bag for Zach's necklace but I didn't like it so I'm going to figure out a knitted design instead.  And I did manage a few rounds on the shopping bag before crashing for the night.

Only it wasn't for the night as it turned out.  I slept for a good solid hour/hour and a half and was up until after 5 a.m. waiting to get sleepy again.  I wasn't alone.  Everyone in the house was still awake at 5 a.m.  Except for the pets.  And we were all awake at 10 a.m. or so.  Needless to say we've been dragging all day.  I had one short nap but woke myself up snoring after about 10 minutes.  I think it was just too hot last night and we didn't have the fans set up yet.

I could go back to bed right now except I'd be up at 10 p.m. wide awake.  Trying to make it to bedtime.

TTFN

No comments: