Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back to normal....I hope

I think the heat wave has ended.  The sky is dark with a promise of a thunderstorm.  But will it keep its promises?  I watered the plants anyway because if I didn't it would be sure not to rain.  I also got the screens on the back windows and door so there is a nice breeze flowing through the house. 

But today was miserable.  Because of the pain from my fibromyalgia I was still awake at 6 a.m. so I took Professor out to chase a squirrel up a tree. Then back in the house to start a load of clothes and wash up the dishes from last night that I was too tired to do last night.  About 9 a.m. I was so bleary-eyed that I had to go back to bed where I slept for a whole hour before Professor woke me up wanting to go outside.  He stayed out for a half hour before I could coax him back in.  For the rest of the day I tried to sleep but every time I dozed off, Professor woke me up wanting out or barking at that rat bastard squirrel in the tree out front.

I'm beyond miserable right now.  I fixed supper and loaded the dishwasher but I probably won't get the floor mopped.  I'm heading for a shower and then to bed.  I don't care if I wake up at 3 a.m.  It will be better than feeling like this for another five hours.

I am going to have the garden after all.  My plants are really taking off in the pots and will very soon be much too big for them.  I'm undecided between a raised bed or tilled garden.  Each choice will have a price to it.  I'm leaning toward a raised bed because our soil isn't great being mostly clay, but that involves buying a lot of dirt, which means loading and unloading a lot of dirt.

I'm not sure if Tom will be here this weekend.  He might go up north to his brother's cabin.  They have a great relationship and he's been wanting to get away.  But he might work on the truck instead.  He fixed the light (so he took the truck to work tonight since it had a full tank of gas) but wants to fix the corner panel and light assembly.  He has priced the parts from the salvage yard and it's doable, although a bit pricey.  Still not nearly as pricey as if we took it into the body shop.

He's pretty handy to have around the house.

So while he's doing that I could be setting up the raised bed garden and planting the seeds I've got and transplanting what I've got in pots.  I can still use the pots for my flowers and herbs. Most of them don't winter over well and have to be brought indoors so it would be better to have them in pots than to have to dig them up.

At any rate, I'm off to bed.  I finished up Wallander, which is fantastic.  It really brought it to my attention how little I know about other countries.  I'll be reading up on Sweden in the next month or so.  Then I plan on picking another country and learning about it.  But I'm going to read the whole Wallander series as soon as I've thinned out the selection I've already got from the library.  I may not finish up the John Nash biography.  It's pretty dry and not holding my attention at all.  Not that I have much of an attention span these days.

Tomorrow looks to be cooler with some rain (we've just had a light sprinkling already.)

TTFN

No comments: