Monday, November 7, 2011

Occupying my couch

We have one window to put plastic on and while Zach is going to do it under my observation, I'm too tired and hurting to do it tonight.  Today was spent on errands so I wasn't home much and what little I've done is going to have to be it.  Still having pain in my back but the pain is down to a 7 from an 8.  And I'm taking tramadol regularly instead of waiting on the pain.  That seems to help a bit.  Except I'm taking it every 6 hours instead of 8 so I can get an extra dose in because of the pain.  I'm allowed to do that once in a while but I'm sure if the pain ever gets that bad regularly, my dr will increase my dose accordingly.  I'm on the lowest dose, after all.

Tom flipped my futon for me yesterday but that created more problems than it solved or we should have flipped it the other way or something.  I ended up with a spring right under my left back, where the pain is.  I was sitting on the side of the bed fighting tears at 3 a.m., when Tom came down and noticed.  He offered to flip the mattress over but at that stage I was too tired and in too much pain so I just slept on the other end.  Actually that ended up being the best solution all around as it put me on my right side and gave my left side a chance to heal a bit.  Although I was up at 5 a.m. taking more pain meds and could barely crawl out of bed at 11:30 a.m.  Still, while I'm still in a lot of pain, I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

And I bought a back support thingy today and some heating pads for the back.  Actually they are ice pads as well, depending on where you store them.  I think this will help immensely.

But tonight I'm heading for bed and leaving the kitchen for Zach to clean.  Tomorrow after the plastic is on the window I'm Occupying My Couch until I feel better.  Knitting and video games await me. And I dare anyone to tell me to get up and do anything!

At least until I feel better.  I have tons of stuff to do, some of it fun, but I can't enjoy any of that until I get ahead of this pain.  And if this isn't incentive to get rid of the belly fat that is pulling on those back muscles, I don't know what is!

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are in so much pain Kathy. I hope you feel better soon.

Kathy said...

Thanks, DM. I'm feeling better today after a good night's sleep and a morning nap.