Sunday, November 20, 2011

Attack on two fronts

I'm making slow progress on the dining room but since I didn't get much sleep last night and there is no deadline on it, I'm taking my time.  At least you can see the dining table now.  And I've got a space cleared in front of the heating vent to put the clothes racks so I can wash a load of clothes tomorrow.  I just need to clean the kitchen so I have room for a rack in there.

I don't know what happened last night but my fibromyalgia pain went through the roof.  I was extremely uncomfortable, alternating pacing the floor with curling up in a ball on the bed, and ended up taking three tramadol in the course of 6 hours.  Finally it ebbed off at around 5 a.m.  I had a little bit of sciatica pain but the fibromyalgia kind of overwhelmed that.  And today the sciatica is making its presence known although still under a 5 on the pain scale.

I'm nearly done with the third square on the ottoman cover.  I was too tired and in too much pain to do much on it and turned the lights off early and tried to get to sleep.  I dug Zach's lava lamp out of the basement and am using it as a nightlight so I don't have to wake up and turn the light on so Professor can see the ottoman anymore.  He did just fine last night without needing me to turn on the lamp.  Plus it's a bit hypnotizing.

I think I'm going to lie down as my fibromyalgia is rearing its head again right now.  Normally I can ignore the daytime pain, but not today for some reason.  I just took my pain cocktail (3 ibuprofen and one tramadol) so maybe lying down will help.

TTFN

No comments: