Thursday, November 17, 2011

History repeats itself and not in a good way

Yesterday was 27 different kinds of hectic, ending at around 3 a.m. when I finally fell into bed and awaited the pain pills to get the pain down to a dull roar so I could go to sleep in order to wake up and go to the dr for my labs.  I missed the phone call from the garage because they called about 5 minutes after I left the house to go run errands.  And by the time I got home, they were closed.

So I called first thing this morning.  Not good news at all.  The fuel pump needs to be replaced.  Which is what happened last year during deer hunting up north.  A fuel pump is supposed to last longer than a year so I suspect the mechanics up there put in a used one and charged Tom for a new one.  It's what happens when you're away from home and they don't need your return business.  Not saying that's what happened, but fuel pumps last longer than one year.

So they are going to try to get it done before the weekend so Tom can go up north, but if not, he'll go up next week.  Bless them for trying though.

Unfortunately it's going to cost $700 to fix it.  Pretty much what it cost last year except this year's includes the tow.  On the plus side, at least it happened here, where our trusted mechanics are.

Before leaving for my appointment this morning, I loaded up the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen a bit.  When I got back, I took the clothes off the line (it was too dark when we got home yesterday) and hung out another load.  Then I took my pain cocktail of two ibuprofen and one tramadol and crawled back into bed and knitted for a couple of hours.  And unknitted.  I just can't watch knitting shows while I'm knitting.  I tend to knit whatever they're knitting and then I end up having to do it all over again.  Only this time two of the shows were crocheting shows.  Still had the same problem.

I'm not making as much progress on the ottoman cover because of all the distractions, but after I get back from the library, I'm going to go to bed and stay there.  Maybe for the rest of the night.  I'll get frozen pizzas so someone else can cook.

I just let Professor in after a wee and he's limping on one of his back legs.  He has trouble with his back legs for some reason.  I trimmed the toe nails on the foot to see if that was the problem but he crawled under the covers to hide from me so until he walks again I won't know. 

Well, off to take a shower and head to the library.  I'm not going to try to clean house until Tom leaves since he's already collecting his gear in the dining room.  No problem; just an exercise in futility to try to accomplish it now.


No comments: