Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm a car magnet

Every single time I get in the car to go somewhere, along the way a car coming toward me will cross the yellow line just as it gets close to me.  Tom says this is because drivers aren't paying attention and follow their eye-line so when they see a vehicle they automatically pull the car toward that vehicle.  I just wish I could stop hugging the berm and get to ride on my lane without worrying about a head-on collision.  Frequently when we were driving back and forth to Fond du Lac for Zach's college, I would nearly go off the road because of it.  And the other drivers were inevitably talking on their cell phones.

I finally picked up my prescriptions today.  I've been trying for 3 days to get them refilled but the nurse kept needing to tell me about my labs and at the end of each conversation I would remind her I needed them refilled.  Today still not meds so I called the dr office and talked to the nurse who said they should have gone through so she put them through again.  It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen a few times a year, which is too many in my book.  But there are worse things out there so I keep my doctor.

I picked up some more yarn today because it was $3 a skein on the sale rack.  It's Vanna's Choice in Linen and I got enough for a sweater and hat (I took all they had of that color) for $21.  This is what happens when you wander around StuffMart waiting for your prescription to be ready.  I also picked up some Red Heart yarn with some misgivings.  I want to make a bag but I thought the other yarns there...Vanna's Choice and Caron Simply Soft...were just too lightweight so I went with something sturdy.  And I mean sturdy.  I'm using a size 4 needle (circular) and I plan on lining it so it won't sag.  Plus, I wanted a particular shade of green and RH was the only brand that had it.  I looked at Hobby Lobby yesterday but didn't really like their selection much.  I almost got some sock yarn while there but as I'm not knitting socks right now, I didn't buy any.  Besides, nothing really tried to throw itself in my cart.

I got three loads of laundry washed but only two dried on the line.  Professor decided at 5:30 a.m. that he wanted me to play with Baby, the ball and his bone with him.  By the time he got tired of it, I was awake so I finished up the end of Mistress of Spices on tv and went down to the basement and started laundry.  I had two loads out by 9 a.m.  But rain was in the forecast so I put off hanging out the third load.  Good thing because the second load was barely dry when it started raining.  Timing is everything.

I  got 2 zucchini from the garden this morning and will get some green beans tomorrow.  The peas don't seem to be doing much more than blooming so I hope they will produce later.  The grapevine has at least 10 bunches of grapes on it so I have high hopes for next year when I put up the fence for it.  I might have to buy another grape vine because propagating didn't work well.

I also have about a dozen green tomatoes and a handful of green peppers on the vine.  Won't be long.  I'm keeping an eye on my sunflowers.  I'd like to get them in before the birds get them although they'll get them back in the winter.

Time to get back to knitting and watching the commentary for Fellowship of the Ring (director and writers.)  That's my favorite with the creative crew second.  Then the actors. I got Ballykissangel series 5 from the library today so I'll watch that tomorrow after I put in a day of heavy cleaning inside and out.

Off to be productive.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Can't wait to hear how you like the VC linen, I saw that and was tempted. But I'm still on a yarn diet and trying to destash!
It felt like it would be nice and cool.
Vicki