Monday, August 2, 2010

Making progress

I had to take a break this weekend.  Well, from writing anyway.  I did some cleaning and rearranging and cooking, making progress in the layout of the house.  I got rid of one piece of furniture in the living/dining room/den and moved the piano out of my bedroom which means I can actually get to the windows now.  Professor is happy as his ottoman is back in front of the window where he can sit for hours surveying his kingdom.

I have 3 zucchinis now and some green beans ready for picking.  I need to read up on the tobacco to see when it will be ready for harvest. Then I have to figure out someplace to store it for curing.  I need to get out there and hoe.  I've been pulling weeds daily but hoeing takes care of all of the weeds and not just the big ones.  Plus I want to plant some lettuce.  We eat a lot of lettuce in this house.

The tomatoes are still green but there are a lot of them.  I suspect I'll have to can them or make spaghetti sauce and can that because if they all ripen at once we'll never be able to eat them all.  I have cans and lids so I could do that.  I don't have many peppers though.  Maybe three growing but they are still very tiny.

I got caught up on the laundry but didn't paint the tables which I should have done since we had some nice, hot, dry weather.  I think there is rain in the forecast so it's too late for that now.  Next dry spell.

I've been making progress on the tunic/tabard thing I'm knitting but this weekend I was so sleepy when I got into bed that I kept making mistakes so I ended up not knitting much and just dozing off and on before I finally turned off the lights and just went to sleep.  It's good that I'm sleeping better but it would be nice if I actually felt refreshed when I wake up in the morning instead of still tired.  Nature of the illness though.  Damned fibromyalgia.

I'm determined to stay offline more though and get more things done. When I have this fatigue I tend to just veg when I could at least be vegging and knitting or vegging and drawing or vegging and mending or something useful.  Ravelry doesn't hold my interest much these days and facebook never really has except for the games, which I'm not playing anymore.  I do have blogs I love to read and I get my news from online but that doesn't take that long.

Well, I need to tackle cleaning the bathroom and get some real work done today.  Since cleaning the living room and my bedroom, I have the impetus to get the rest of the house clean.  After Tom goes to work, I plan on attacking the kitchen, including the refrigerator and organizing the pantry.  And mopping the floor.

Then I plan on knitting the evening away while watching Ballykissangel series 5 and maybe 9 which is OnDemand right now.

At least I hope I get all that done today.

TTFN

4 comments:

Rue said...

Very busy! I know what you mean about lingering online when the chores are piling up...*looks over at her pile of laundry*

Glad you are getting some nice veggies from the garden!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Rue. I find hiding the laundry helps me. I only worry when we start running out of clothes to wear. LOL

Kathy said...

Thanks, Maria.

knittingdragonflies said...

Ditto here with facebook, it can be a big time suck. You are getting loads done! You are putting me to shame.
Vicki