Sunday, July 25, 2010

Same old, same old

Nothing got done this weekend but that's not exactly breaking news.  Nothing getting done seems to be the status quo for me.  I did walk Professor this morning early on and I'm going to try to do that daily if I can.  I'm really dreading Tuesday.  I stress out so much over my labs, knowing that my numbers are going to be way high and I'll get a scolding from either the doctor or her nurse.  I don't know why I do this to myself but I tend to sabotage the numbers by eating way wrong in the weeks prior.

I wish I could get back to just not caring about food.  I lost weight doing that until I got pressured by both the doctor and my mother about dieting.  I'm still planning diets even though I know they don't work.  My mom constantly tells me of a new diet plan whenever I call and is just so sure that me not losing weight is because I'm not trying hard enough.  Couldn't be further from the truth.  But what do I know?

I also hate driving up to Fond du Lac.  I don't mind the mammogram so much but I hate the drive.  It messes up my whole day since I'm on the road for about 2 hours coming and going, then the appointment.  Then after the mamm, I have to trot upstairs to make an appointment with the surgeon for my annual checkup with him.  I can't do them both on the same day because I need the mamm results first.

Then in October is my annual physical, which I'm going to try to put off until November because the insurance company is so picky about making sure you have more than a year between visits.  Plus, I keep thinking that if I put it off, I have more time to lose weight before I see her.  Yeah...right.

We have a prankster in the neighborhood and I can't for the life of me think of why he's targeting us.  A few weeks ago I went to get in the car and the light switch was on and the battery was dead.  I hadn't been anywhere for a couple of days and didn't notice.  I thought maybe I had, just that once, forgotten to turn the lights off and shrugged it off to my fault.  Yesterday I got in the car and the light switch was on again and this time I know for a fact that I turned them off.  Plus, the alarm would have alerted me because I had the door wide open when I turned the key off. 

So I'm keeping the car locked at all times.  I have no idea why someone would go into the driveway to do this.  We haven't done anything to anyone in this neighborhood and our new neighbor we've pretty much ignored, in spite of his frequent parties.  He's not bothered us at all so there is no need.  Unless someone has complained and he thinks it's us.  Which doesn't make any sense either since he makes no noise whatsoever.  The only thing that might be a problem is parking since he has no real parking in front because of the fire hydrant (and his friends consistently park in front of it) but we have no problem with him parking in front of our house at all.  So I'm at a loss...except the last time the lights were turned on, he was having an overnight party and Friday night he had another one.

Could be a coincidence.  I just haven't got a clue who could be doing this. But they won't find it easy to do next time.  Especially as we have a car alarm.

It looks to be beautiful for the next few days but tomorrow I have to run some errands and Tuesday is full of medical appointments so it will be Wednesday before I can get outside to work and it's supposed to rain then.  I think it's too late to plant the herbs unless I just do some indoor pots and I have nowhere to put them.  The house is so cluttered that we don't have any flat surfaces that are clear.  None.

Well, supper is nearly ready and then I'm crawling into bed to catch up on True Blood and knit on Sweeping Statement, only this time in Caron Eco and in green.  And the center section isn't honeycomb cable but leaves and I just couldn't knit all those leaves in blue.  I just hope I have enough yarn for it.

TTFN

No comments: