Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Okay...one more to go and this time I really mean it

I passed my A1C with flying colors but flunked the cholesterol portion of the test. I never know what to study for.  I also passed my mammogram and surgeon's visit so those are out of the way for another year.  Tomorrow, though, I head to West Bend for a new breast prosthesis.  Mine is more than 50% duct tape and not very comfortable, not to mention shaped funny.  And it's been too small for years.  I'll have one that fits and a new mastectomy bra.  Two, actually.

And then I'm staying home the rest of the week.  I hope.

This is hard on a die-hard homebody.  I'm not a recluse but I do feel safest and best at home.

I haven't gotten a lot of knitting done, no studying, no piano practicing or drawing/painting.  I've barely kept up with the dishes and the living room floor needs vacuuming desperately. The garden needs hoeing, laundry needs washed and hung out on the line and the yard needs mowing.  Okay, Zach can mow the yard but we're out of gas so I need to get that first.

Tom is thinking of taking a vacation next month and wants to know if I want to go anywhere.  Really, I'm okay (wiping hysterical tears from my eyes) and I do want to go see some of the stuff in Wisconsin I haven't seen yet.  There is an Indian mound not too far from here and I've never seen Wisconsin Rapids.  I'm not interested in the park but I am interested in the scenery.  And I plan on digging around to find more places, maybe even Old Wisconsin.  But always home by night because I don't like to sleep away from home.

I'm in The Return of the King already but I had some movies in at the library so I'll fit that in somehow but I'm in my LOTR mode and really just want to watch that.  Maybe this weekend I'll have a marathon on the commentaries and get tons of knitting done.

I can't believe July is almost over.  Did someone fast-forward summer?

Off to fix supper.

TTFN

No comments: