Friday, July 29, 2011

I really don't want to be a grouchy neighbor

I'm totally exhausted...again.  Not getting much sleep is definitely a factor.  I did try to get to sleep early but the neighbor's friend stayed over last night and his huge truck doesn't sound like it has a muffler because it woke me up...twice.  I was still awake when Tom got home because of it and when I finally got back to sleep about 2:30 a.m. the guy left and came back within a half hour.  It woke Tom up, too.  Plus the idiot parks in front of the fire hydrant on a regular basis.  Sure hope no one has a house fire when he's visiting.  I mean, this is one of those huge pickup trucks.  The kind you need a step to get into.  I can't imagine how anyone can afford the gas to drive those monsters.

These guys are pretty young, probably in their 20s so their money goes into stuff like huge pickup trucks, four-wheelers, fishing boats and such.  Mostly the neighbor himself is quiet and doesn't bother us at all, but his friends are not so courteous.

So I'm a bit irritated today, especially with said neighbor.  I do try to keep Professor quiet at night but occasionally he does bark at something outside or when he's out for a 3 a.m. wee.  But I shush him immediately and get him inside as fast as I can.  So I'm pissed at being woke up twice on a night I had to get up early, but obviously aware that my dog might do that to others as well.

But there should be a law about trucks that loud.  And I know there is one about parking in front of fire hydrants.  I looked it up today.  Regardless of the color of the curb (yellow) it is illegal to park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant.  This guy parks within 2 feet of one.  If not less.

I also had to go to the library today after my mammogram but I opted for coming home first because while Tom kept telling me it was okay if I wasn't home by the time he left for work, his magnanimity was vaguely masking his real desire to drive the truck because he can smoke in it and not in the car.  Plus the truck has a/c and the car's front windows don't roll down so it's incredibly hot driving the car.  So I came straight home and took the car instead.  I had to pick up some flea collars and since I was so frelling tired, I picked up snacks that are not good for me.  I never manage to stay on the diet wagon when I'm this tired.

Zach is fixing supper tonight.  I had some leftover chicken so he's making some Chicken Helper Fried Rice.  I'm thinking of making up the bed already and falling into it.  I deliberately didn't knit last night so I would fall asleep when I could instead of forcing myself to stay awake in order to finish up a row.  And then waking myself up by putting the knitting up.  If not for the loud truck, I would have made it.  But tonight I don't have that problem so if I manage to stay awake, I'm going to try to finish up Zach's sweater back.

And maybe tomorrow I'll finish up the laundry I started a few days ago.  Not to mention the garden that needs hoeing badly.  I have gone out there a few times and done some bits of it, but it's still badly overgrown.  Plus the tobacco, which isn't the kind that grows on stalks, needs to be cut or the leaves will rot on the ground.  I will not plant this kind next year, for sure.

Well, time to crash for the night even though the sun is still high in the air. 

TTFN

No comments: