Monday, July 25, 2011

The Monday aftermath of the cleaning frenzy

I'm keeping up with the house just fine, but progressing I'm not.  At least not yet.  Today was errand and bill-paying day with a trip to the credit union to transfer the money for the property taxes.  Plus shopping and the library.  And it was 88F out there.  Not ridiculous temps like last week, but hot nonetheless.

The good news is I have an air conditioner in the living room now.  My brother-in-law and his girlfriend gave it to Tom for his help with moving.  They weren't going to take it with them and they didn't want to leave it in the apartment so we got it.  It's a fairly new model so it shouldn't run the electric bill up outrageously like the old one in the wall does.  But I haven't had to use it yet thankfully.  Professor was a bit annoyed Zach didn't have his a/c on this morning.  He sat outside his door wanting in and then found it hotter in there than out here.  He's sitting in the yard in the shade right now, surveying his kingdom.

The bad news is I'm so tired I'm not even cooking tonight.  Didn't get home from errands and shopping until 6 p.m. and I'm exhausted.  I picked up some microwave-able meals which is cheaper than fast food.  Everyone is on their own tonight.  Tomorrow I plan on digging in and making more progress on the house.

And knitting.  I haven't had time to do much of that lately.  As a result my dvr inventory is over 70% full.  I don't know if I can even keep up with that on a daily basis.  I'd hate to have to delete some of the movies I've got on there but I can get them from the library so I suppose I could make room that way.  Tonight I plan on tackling both Zach's sweater and my shell that I haven't been working on lately.  I think I'm going to frog the feather and fan baby blanket because I don't like the way it's turning out.  It's puckered badly where the ripple part is and being acrylic (the pattern was designed for the brand of yarn I'm using) it won't unpucker.  I'm enjoying working on clothing so I want to get back to that.

I also need to get some laundry done tonight...Zach's sheets in particular.  He's miserable from lack of sleep and in a deep funk that makes him unsociable and deeply depressed.  I tried to listen but I'm down myself and it's hard to be strong for everyone all the time.  Still, he needs me right now so I have to be strong for him and hopefully give him the tools he needs to rely on his own strength some day.

In the meantime I'm off to knit and start the laundry.

TTFN

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sometimes it's really hard to be strong for yourself and for someone else. Especially when it's hot - at least for me. I don't do hot very well. Some days I don't do strong very well either. My knitting in the evening is my escape.

Kathy said...

I don't do anything well in hot weather. LOL I hear you about knitting being an escape though. It is for me, too.