Thursday, July 7, 2011

I earned my rest tonight

It was a fairly productive day today by my standards.  Two loads of clothes and Zach and I hauled three very heavy pallets up the hill to the wood pile beneath the apple tree.  Not a lot of fun. Watered the pathetic garden from the water in the bin under the rain barrel. Plus cooking supper and all the dishes I had to wash that won't get clean in the dishwasher.  I plan on sitting down and doing nothing but knitting the rest of the night.  I'm behind on my dvr watching and the inventory is adding up fast.

It was a beautiful day today, perfect for the work we got done outside.  I won't be able to let Professor out back unsupervised anymore.  He broke one of my tomato plants off.  I have plenty but I can't afford him to take out the tobacco plants.  Which are so pathetic.  I don't know what the problem is.  I've watered and watered but they look wilted and limp.  The ground is very dry so apparently it's draining too well.  I'll go out earlier tomorrow morning and water and maybe give it another watering before the sun goes down.

I'm not sure what to add to the soil.  I need to get my Encyclopedia of Country Living out and find out what nutrients the soil needs.  I've got a bowl full of coffee grounds on the counter that I save for the blueberry bushes (also pathetic...still as small as last year and no blueberries).  I wonder if that might help.  Or I might just be crap at gardening.  Who knows?

The sonic bark thing is working pretty well.  He still went into a frenzy when the mailman came but he didn't bark as much because it kept interrupting him.  This morning he was trying to bark at a bicyclist going by and kept stopping.  Finally he just looked at the device and sniffed it.  I guess it's working.  He's not barking nearly as much as he normally does.

I tried to wear my bandages all day today.  My hand is swollen and it's hard to knit or do anything else with it like that so I just took it off.  When the swelling goes down I'll put the bandages back on.  I don't think the arm is any smaller than it was before.  I should get those books from the library soon.  I've been doing my massages at night before wrapping my arm, but there are exercises I'm supposed to be doing.  I lost the paper very early on and couldn't find a replacement for them.  The rehab therapist wasn't at that particular hospital anymore.

They do get very hot to wear, too.  My arm is dripping wet in spite of the comfortably warm day today.  What a pain it is to try to regain your health.  I didn't do badly with my eating today but the day's not over yet.  I'm sure I still overate, but I didn't make myself sick like I usually do.  And no candy today.

Well, I'm going to the couch to watch tv and knit.  Remind me next time not to buy anymore boucle.  I really don't enjoy knitting with it.  All splitty and hard to pull a stitch off the needle without grabbing extra yarn somewhere.

TTFN

No comments: