Thursday, July 21, 2011

The heat has left us

Well, my semi-annual visit with the rheumatologist is out of the way.  My blood pressure is always excellent when I visit her, not so much when I see my family doctor.  I like her but she yells at me so I tend to get a bit stressed anytime I walk in the door.  Okay, not so much yelling, but a lot of suggesting.

At any rate, it's out of the way and my next appointment is the mammogram next Friday.  Then, when that is done, I'll schedule my appointment with the surgeon for my annual  post-cancer check up.  I'll be so glad when those appointments are out of the way.  Necessary but bothersome.

At least I only have one boob to smash though.

I'm taking Zach out to eat tonight to celebrate his graduation.  He's feeling a bit down about it all especially since his degree is obsolete already and he's not getting any result on his job search and will probably end up working at McSnacky's again.  Until he can get an academic four-year degree.  My older son just got his Associate's at a better tech college and is in the same position so he's going to Purdue to pursue an academic degree.  Plus he didn't want to go through the ceremony so his only "graduation" was a diploma in the mail.  He didn't want a party either so there was no fanfare at all.  A Cowboy Burger at Appleby's seems to be the present he wants.

I must say it's so much cooler today.  Actually about 20 degrees cooler, factoring in the heat index.  It was 85 (heat index) and breezy this afternoon compared to 105 (heat index) yesterday.  And the wind felt like a convection oven.  It's going to be positively chilly tonight, dipping down to 67F.  It feels like a gift.

Well, I need to get ready to go.  I'm thinking an early night tonight since I didn't sleep well last night.  Professor stayed out with me and either barked or panted in my ear all night.  And Hannibal thought he would join in and try to sleep on my face.  He's had his last dose of medicine and even a few treats, which he handled quite well.  I even gave him some dry food this morning, although not much.  He gulped it down and ignored the mackerel in his food dish.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Sorry it has been so long, I have been a bit out of sorts, (snort)
I love your point of view, only one boob, your so funny.
Still steamy here. Trying to get moving again.
Ugh
vicki

Kathy said...

LOL! Thanks, Vicki. At least I only have the pain of one boob squashed and not two. Plus I get out of there quicker.