Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trying to get back to normal

After a night of 12 hours sleep, I'm moving slowly and achingly but at least I'm moving.  I've trudged up and down the steep basement stairs several times doing laundry and have several more trips to make before I'm done tonight and I'm cooking a real meal for the first time in nearly a week.  Okay I've had a few meals in there but mostly it was fast food or microwaveable stuff.  I really dread the clean up but I much prefer a clean kitchen so my options are limited.

I cooked a chicken in the crock pot.  As soon as it cools I'll take the meat off the bone and freeze half of it for another meal.  Also some chicken-broth rice and a saute of mushrooms, green peppers and onions, barely cooked green beans and a salad of tomatoes and cucumbers with red wine vinegar. I really must learn to cook fancier meals.

I'm up to the sleeves on Zach's sweater.  I knitted it extra long because he likes his shirts well below his waist which is okay.  I like mine nearly to my knees.  I worked a bit today on both the sweater and my shell but mostly laundry took up my day.  And tidying up after everyone.  And taking care of the pets.  And checking my mail and reading blogs.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be moving better.  I didn't take a tramadol yet as I do tend to hoard them, but I've been taking ibuprofen today to deal with the fibromyalgia pain.  My right leg swelled up yesterday for some reason so I drank some tea and water all night and this morning it was back to normal.  It's always a bit swollen...not sure why.  I had thought it was just my knee but it's the whole leg.  I'll mention it next time I see the doctor but I'm not going in for a visit over it since it's been that way for at least 3 years and it's not gotten any worse...aside from last night. 

Well, off to finish up supper and get another load of laundry and do the washer/dryer swap.  And start another load.  Not the last one yet.  I have one more after that.  It was just too hot to wash much last week and with the frenzy to clean the house, no time.  I really hate those basement stairs.

TTFN

2 comments:

Carol said...

Laundry seems to be endless. Like dirty dishes. And dirty floors. And clutter. Housework should be banned! Just knit.

Kathy said...

LOL! I'm so ready to join your cause.