Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not my best day

I totally screwed up my property tax payment this year.  I always pay it online but they completely changed the way they do things and not having a debit card, I didn't think I could pay from my bank account.  So I looked up credit cards and did the whole thing only to find out I had sent the payment to the city clerk instead of the county clerk.  So I called the county clerk who was used to people like me messing things up.  Apparently the debit card option can be used for your electronic check.  Who knew?  So I called the city clerk a couple of hours ago to tell her what an idiot I was and ask her to write a check to the county when they get my payment.  I got her voice mail and since the office closes in 15 minutes, I doubt I will hear back from her today and I'll be gone tomorrow.  Sigh 

Tom will never hear the phone tomorrow because he spends his time upstairs.  I'll just call back tomorrow afternoon when I get home. The good news is, my payment won't be considered late. 

It rained again today...just a tiny bit but the weather is still fairly nice.  Yesterday was so cool I wore jeans to town but apparently it warmed up during the night because my window fan came on (thermostat controlled) and it was a bit muggy when I woke up.

I'm nearly done with Zach's sweater back although it looked so long that I took it into his room to measure it against him and it does come below his hips but he's fine with that. Prefers it that long, in fact.  As long as I have enough yarn, and I do, it doesn't matter.

I looked at purse patterns yesterday, not really finding one I loved.  The ones I was drawn to were knitted so I might go with that option instead of crocheting.  I was thinking of something long but not deep as finding my keys is such a problem.  Finding anything at the bottom of my purse is a problem.  I'll continue to look around a bit first before I decide.  There are other places to look at patterns besides Ravelry.  I keep forgetting that.

I have to get up early tomorrow and head for Fond du Lac for my mammogram.  I do get nervous about them.  Not the pain, but the results.  In fact, I am finding myself getting more and more anxious as the 10th year anniversary arrives.  You'd think I'd be more confident as time goes on instead of more fearful.

Then I need to make an appointment with the surgeon and I am done with medical appointments, aside from labs and such, for another 6 months.

Well, I'm going to go knit some more and get away from the computer for a while since it doesn't look like the clerk is going to call me back.  Maybe she wasn't in today.

TTFN

No comments: