Monday, July 11, 2011

Not enjoying the heat

Yesterday was too hot to blog, knit or cook.  I did sit in Zach's air conditioned room for a while but it was boring because I had my arm bandaged and the wrappings were irritating me so much I couldn't knit.  I finally had to remove the wrappings because they were soaked with sweat.  The second set of the day.  I decided to wait until Tuesday to start this as it's nearly as warm today.  Not as bad, but sticky hot and sweaty.  Professor is outside in the shade and won't come in.

On the plus side we had two thunderstorms over the weekend so I have lost of water in my bin and the garden already watered for two days running.  I have at least 2 days' water for the garden and can use the runoff shower water for laundry tonight...as soon as Zach takes it downstairs since I'm not supposed to lift anything that heavy anymore.  Well with my left arm, that is.

I bought a new vacuum yesterday which seemed to piss Tom off, but my vacuum broke once and for all and I need a vacuum as the carpet sweeper doesn't really pick animal hair up.  I went cheap and bought one for $20.  It's not fancy and has no attachments beyond it converts to a hand vac by removing the handle.  But it has more suction than my ancient Dirt Devil and got the carpets cleaner than they have been for years.  Plus it's so light.  Lugging that huge vacuum around got to me at times.

I woke up to thunder and strong winds early this morning so I got up and shut the windows.  But when I finally did wake up I was as tired as if I hadn't slept at all.  I'm not sure if it had to do with helping build a freeway interchange in my dream but it might have.  I don't know why I don't have restful dreams.

I finished up my mp3 player necklace.  I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow but tonight I'm just wiped out from the heat and plan on sitting in front of the tv and two fans and knitting some can cozies so my soda cans don't get everything wet when the condensation turns into pools of water.

Off to find a pattern, dig up my cotton yarn and settle in.  It's Chinese tonight...a kit...and some fortune cookies, just because.

TTFN

No comments: