Friday, July 8, 2011

Heading into the weekend with a smidgen of energy

Two nights in a row of 7 hours of sleep makes a huge difference.  I'm not bouncing off the walls with energy, but I'm not down on the couch unable to do anything today either.  Plus I found a deposit into savings I had forgotten about so we have enough to pay the second installment on the property taxes.  We only get that statement quarterly so I didn't notice it before today.

I'm beginning to wonder about some designers of knitting and crocheting patterns.  Some of their prices have gone through the roof on Ravelry.  I mean...$20 for a pattern???  And we're not talking about a terribly intricate pattern either.  Even simpler patterns for sweaters and such are going for $6 now.  I wonder if it has anything to do with designers finding out they can't control what knitters do with their finished objects anymore.

Plus it perplexes me when I see designers making patterns for logos and characters that are licensed or trademarked and then want to charge people to buy the patterns.  Did they forget to pay the owners of those designs?  Are these the same designers who were trying to charge people extra so they could sell their finished objects?  Makes you wonder.

In other areas...my tobacco plants are starting to come back.  I have a few actually standing up instead of lying on the ground.  I think I might still lose 6 more but it's too late in the year to re-plant them.  I might be able to grow some in pots over the winter.  Hopefully Zach will have a job and we can afford a bit more heat this winter.  Still, if I put them in front of the southern-facing window, they might do okay.

My tomatoes are starting to come back as well.  I lost that one that Professor broke off and another one looks like it might die, but I had plenty of them.  My pepper plants aren't doing terribly well though.  I might only salvage 3 of them.  Next year the garden will go in much sooner, now that we have a cultivator. 

I'm making some progress on the bathroom curtain.  I just wish I was making progress on the bathroom.  Maybe this energy will be here to stay and I can whittle away at the cleaning and preparations for painting.  I have to take that window out and re-glaze it before painting though.  That will be Tom's job though.

And the baby blankets are all coming along.  I haven't worked much on the shell as I need to lose weight before it will fit anyway.  And as we're heading into the peak of summer, it will be fall before I'll need it.

I got a book on lymphedema today from the library.  I didn't wear my wrappings today because they were hurting and I was sweating so badly under them.  One of the problems of not having air conditioning.  Still, I've got some fresh ones in the dryer that I will put on tonight.  I got some lotion to rub into my arm before putting them on.  That's supposed to help with the flexibility of the skin or something.  I just know the therapist told me it was important.  I didn't buy Eucerin, though, because it was a lot more expensive.  I just got regular lotion.

Well, I can smell the brats and sauerkraut cooking on the stove so supper must be ready.  Mowing the yard and planting flowers tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: