Thursday, July 14, 2011

My last born graduates

Zach is finally a graduate!  We went to the campus today so he could find out just where his diploma was and they told him it would be the end of the month before he got it, as his last name begins with a W and they issue them alphabetically.  We got home to find it in the mailbox.  So his date of graduation is May 2011 and he graduated with honors.  He missed magna laude by .002.  Drat!

I'm moving a bit more today but still very tired and very down.  But a bit better emotionally.  Just a bit.  I got a can of beef stew for Tom's supper so I don't have to cook so I'm going to crash on the sofa here in a minute and knit or sleep or something.  But it won't be working.  No more work for me today.  The headache is just a mild one by now but I'm still tired and cranky and depressed.

The weather has been great the past few days though.  Haven't even needed the fans and there is a lovely breeze and temps in the low 70Fs.  Definitely knitting weather.  I still need to knit up another can cozy so I can write the pattern out.  And take a picture of it.  Hope to have that done by tomorrow.

I'm plugging along with Zach's sweater.  It's a Rugby style v-neck pullover in two shades of green.  The yarn is just a bit too heavy for the pattern so I'm using the correct size needle, working the smaller size pattern and adjusting the stripes to 2 inches instead of 14 rows.  He needs deep shoulder insets so I'll keep that the same.  He has very broad shoulders.  I'm just a bit over gauge so this usually solves the problem.  I rarely ever have the right yarn to use on patterns I like so I always adapt them this way.

I'm tired of baby blankets so I'm giving them a rest.  I was thinking about doing the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits with the lace-weight yarn I got from the thrift store.  It's an easy pattern to work on and with it being my first time working with yarn that delicate, it would be a good beginning for me.

I decided not to water the garden today.  The roots need to be trained to dig deeper which won't happen if I water them every day and as the weather has been so mild, I'm leaving it to every other day.  They look perkier so I'm guessing they're rooting better.  I should get the rest of my flowers planted.  They won't grow this summer but they might last the winter, being perennials.  My hostas have finally begun to grow well after 3 years of being puny.  I'm going to wait until they need to be thinned to fill in the spots that are empty.  Maybe next year one of them will be ready to thin.

Well, time to go watch tv or sleep.  Can't decide which one yet.  I might wash another load of clothes, too.  All I need to do is just start the machine since Zach has already taken the shower runoff water and dumped it into the washer.  I've got enough for another load as well but Tom hasn't brought his laundry down yet.  I'll leave him a note.

NH37YP46MKYB

TTFN

No comments: