Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sorry...too hot

I've got the pattern written out awaiting a picture to go with it but I'm just too hot and tired.  The heat index got to 103F today and it was most likely that indoors as well.  I spent most of the day in Zach's room where the only air conditioning is.  It got down to about 78F in there with little humidity so it felt wonderful.  But I got nothing done because I woke up at 7 a.m. (after little to no sleep due to a cat who thought cuddling was a good idea in all this heat and a dog who wasn't feeling well) to water the garden before the heat set in.  It was nearly 80F then.

Last night Professor was having trouble jumping up on his ottoman so we had to help him onto the couch ourselves.  He fussed and couldn't find a comfortable position which may have had something to do with taking him walkies earlier.   He was so slow at the end of the second block that I had to carry him.  I gave him a baby aspirin (enteric coated) wrapped in bologna, his favorite treat and he ate it but wasn't terribly enthused by the treat.  I knew he was in pain because of that.  After about 15 minutes he settled down and slept pretty well the rest of the night.  And I would have, too...what little left of it, but for Hannibal and his need to lie on my chest with his back pressed up against my face.  The fan blew his fur into my mouth and nose and I just couldn't sleep.  And I couldn't keep him off of me.  He kept coming back.

I did manage a snooze in Zach's room but was in such an awkward position that I woke up with a stiff neck.  I moved the vcr/dvd player into his room so I have something to do besides watching House Hunters/International and get pissed off at those people who have $700,000US to burn on a house and then complain that 2200 sq. ft. is too small.  And it's just the two of them with a baby on the way.  I wonder what occupation these people have that they can leave their homes behind and buy on tropical islands to "get away from it all."  And they're in their late 20s or so, seemingly retiring, apparently.

Hard not to be bitter when I'm sitting here with no a/c to speak of, melting in this awful and unseasonal heat.  I swear it was like living in an oven.  And it's only going to get hotter.

I bought myself some new shorts and a shirt off the clearance rack today because I have a dr appointment this week and I have no nice clothes to wear.  And since I have no a/c in the car and must travel up to Fond du Lac for this appointment, I need something cool to wear.  And still I felt guilty for spending the money.

I didn't knit much today.  I tried a bit on the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits but even that felt hot on my skin and I didn't do much on it.  Maybe I'll get a little more done tonight.  And maybe I'll get a picture taken tomorrow of the can cozy so I can post the pattern.

And hopefully it will rain tonight so I don't have to get up early to water the garden.  The tobacco plants are woefully short, making me wonder if they will ever grow into stalks.  Sigh.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just don't know how you do it girl. I get physically sick from the heat (migraine, vomiting). I would set up camp in the one air conditioned room if I were you.