Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yep...still hot

Last night was lovely for sleeping though.  A nice rain brought the temps down to the mid 70s and with the fans it was really nice.  I slept very well until around 10 a.m. when the heat woke me up.  I was so sleepy all day long, trying my best to keep my eyes open.  When I did try to doze off for a bit the phone would ring.  We go days without our phone ringing so this was very annoying.  Twice were telemarketers and once was my brother in law trying to reach Tom.  I must leave a note for him to call tomorrow.

Poor Professor crept off to Zach's room sometime during the afternoon.  I looked for him and he was no where to be found.  I hollered through the door and Zach let me know he was in there.  I finally decided I wasn't going to get anything done so I grabbed some stuff and headed in there myself.  I worked a bit on one of the baby blankets but I had made a mistake previously so most of the time was spent looking for the error so I could fix it.  I finally came out at 8:30 p.m. to fix supper, which I really didn't want to do.

And laundry.  I got the load from the dryer but forgot I had one in the washer.  It was not very nice-smelling so I had to re-wash it.  It's in the dryer now with another load in the washer.  I probably won't do anymore laundry tonight.  Tomorrow I need to squeegee out the basement again after all this rain.  It doesn't smell too well down there either.

It's still a bit warm in here.  The thermometer is reading 85F again.  I feel like it's stuck on that, but I have the window fans blowing in because it's cooler out there than in here.  The living room isn't too bad so I should be able to sleep tonight.  Tomorrow is going to be the day from hell though.  Real temps are going to be near 100 so I can only imagine what the predicted heat index will be.  They're saying 105 on the Weather Channel but we had that when the real temperature was only 94 the other day.

I have errands to run tomorrow that I can't put off so we'll put Professor in Zach's room with water and a puppy pad.  I don't want him out in the house while we're gone.  If it gets up to 90 in here he could get very sick.  He's been puny ever since this heat spell started, coughing and hacking.  He has the dreaded "honk" that Chihuahuas get and with this heat it's worse.

I'm off to work on my knitting.  I had to rip back the part I knitted Portuguese style because it was so tight the stitches looked wonky.  I'm practicing on it though because it really does relieve some of the stress on my hands, although I'll still probably knit continental most of the time and save Portuguese for when I'm tired or achy.  I just don't have control of my stitches yet.

I'm really dreading tomorrow and wishing we could afford air conditioning for the whole house.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would head to the mall, get a frozen beverage, sit on a bench and people watch for a few hours. Soak up that coolness while you can.

Kathy said...

We do plan on having a long, luxurious lunch and McSnacky's this afternoon, followed by a leisurely visit to StuffMart. Where I plan on purchasing another window fan. And then an evening spent in Zach's room knitting and watching dvds.