Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who knew we lived in a war zone?

I had hoped, now that the fourth is over, that Professor would calm down a bit but the neighbors who turned the area into a war zone with fireworks last night have been letting their dogs get loose and since they seem to adore Professor, they show up here daily.  And now in addition to the two Rottweiler's they have a Husky.  I'm afraid to let Professor out on his rope anymore.  The two Rottweilers have always been gentle but it only takes one time for them to snap and I've got a dead or deformed dog.  The Husky is an unknown entity.  I have no idea his temperament. 

I tried to get a nap this afternoon but every time I close my eyes and drift off, Professor starts barking.  I bought a sonic sound thing but when I tried it last week, it made him bark worse and he wouldn't go into the living room anymore.  Walked around with his tail down.  I'm going to try again tonight.  Hopefully it will work better on a lower setting.  His barking collar is too big for him.  He can't lie down with it on and it's heavy around his neck.

I didn't get a lot done today but I'll get another load of laundry done, the kitchen straightened up a bit and vacuuming the living room, dining room and Zach's room.  I have rugs to wash but I'll wait until tomorrow for that.  Aside from watering the garden, I've gotten nothing done outside for days.

It's in the high 80s today but the humidity isn't bad so Zach's not using the a/c today.  Still, I bet it's pretty warm in there.  I'm doing okay out here even without a fan but I think I'm going to go try to nap again in front of the fan in a little bit.  I'll get the housework done after the sun goes down.  And hopefully it will rain tonight.

I haven't been knitting today because my left hand is so swollen from my bandages.  It's one of the problems I've had with trying to get the swelling down in my arm from the lymphedema.  My hand swells up and I have to remove the bandages, then my arm swells back up again and I have to put the bandages back on.  I've got my compression sleeve on and it must be keeping the swelling down in my arm because my hand has only gone down a little bit.  Just one more thing that makes me look like a freak.

I'm thinking of getting a silicone breast form because this foam one is so firm that it's a bit uncomfortable.  Not to mention it sticks out over the top of my bra and you can see it through my shirts.  Plus I need more lymphedema bandages and another compression sleeve.  I don't have enough unless I wash them by hand and that's a pain. Albeit a cheaper choice.

Well, off to get the clothes out of the dryer and maybe get some knitting in.  At least it's my left hand and all I do is hold the needle and yarn with it.

TTFN

No comments: