Monday, February 7, 2011

Momentum

Today has been a very productive day so far and since I still have a lot to finish up, should end up being extremely productive.  I've done 3 loads of laundry so far, cleaned my room and am tackling the dining/living room in addition to cooking supper and making inroads in the kitchen.  Super Bowl Sunday destroyed it with massive pizza making.

I'm still feeling a bit "heady" from the sinus infection but I'm not aching in my joints and muscles like I was yesterday.  Sleep does help and although I didn't sleep through, I apparently slept enough.  I just hope the momentum continues because I have tons of things I want to accomplish.

I've been knitting steadily on the Greek afghan but I did start working on a charm bag necklace yesterday.  It doesn't look very good unfortunately.  I think I'm making the bag too small, but I can't let it get too big.  I'm working I-cord for the necklace part and my I-cord isn't that great.  I'm not sure this will work out.  I might have to look at other options in necklaces.

I haven't worked on my class at Open University today either because I study better when my world is better organized.  It may take all week to catch up on the cleaning.  I just hope I continue to have energy to do that.

I'm not going to town until Thursday so that frees up a lot of time around here.  Even if I can't just do it all in one fell swoop, I can still do it while taking breaks.  It just takes longer.  Still, limiting visits to town and errands to one day a week does free up a lot of time normally spent away from home.

Zach still hasn't heard back from his adviser about his portfolio.  He re-sent it again today.  Just in case it didn't make it to her or got in her spam folder.  He's more generous than I am at giving the benefit of the doubt.  We lost a lot of money because this adviser didn't get back with him for over 4 months at one time.  Complained that her email was messed up.  Well, if you're an adviser responsible for several students and your email is messed up you don't wait 4 months to fix it.  And since it was through the college, she doesn't really have an excuse in my opinion.  So he ended up taking a course he couldn't get an internship for and we lost out on several hundred dollars.  And it took him another year to do his portfolio.  No, I'm not a happy camper.

But he's done and as soon as his portfolio passes muster, he's graduated. I'll be glad when that happens.  I just hope he can find a job.

The toaster oven just dinged and that means supper is ready so I"m off to eat and then do more laundry and finish up the living/dining room.  I'll get the kitchen finished tomorrow.  I hope.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Sounds like your getting some things done there. I'm starting to get going "a little" ha
I seriously think you should be able to get that money back!
Take care
Vicki

Kathy said...

It was too late to get the money back as the time to drop the class was long over. He finally just withdrew from it. It would have been impossible to prove out case and so not worth the trouble as he still was a full time student then and it might have influenced his grades.