Monday, February 28, 2011

Goodbye, February

My productive days are happening more frequently and that is good.  I'm noticing a trend more in sleep patterns than eating patterns, but if I can get them both in a more positive frame the world might implode.  I see that as a good thing, actually.

February is nearly over and I can feel spring wanting to make its appearance.  I got the little greenhouses today for tomatoes, peppers and tobacco.  Except I forgot to buy pepper seeds.  I'll get them next week.  Not the end of the world.  But I did buy another herb pot and some sage.  I'll get more herb pots as time goes on.  I'm hoping to get them all started tomorrow.  

I got some cookbooks from the library today on Mediterranean cooking.  Some of the cooking shows I've been watching have mentioned the longevity of the Greek people so I'm open to studying the way they eat.  It may not be practical as their main source of protein seems to be fish and cheese and fish is about $5 a pound.  But I'm working on changing the things we eat as well.  It would do us more good to eat more meat-less meals.

I've started on the side borders on the Greek afghan, making progress.  I'm still practically falling into bed at night so not a lot of knitting is getting done, but at least I'm sleeping.  I had a dream about owls night before last and now I want to knit some.  I've got a pattern off of Ravelry so we'll see if it works out.  I found a book at the library but I didn't like the owls there.  They looked too cartoonish.  I just want an owl. 

I do need to get back to the Navajo coat once again, but I would have to stay awake long enough to finish up a row.  And those rows are very, very long as the coat is crocheted sideways.  I'm also in the mood for a poncho, even though they make me look even rounder than I already am.  Who knows...maybe I'll be able to lose some of this weight if I can just get to sleeping regularly.

The sun was shining brightly today with a high of 30F.  The snow melted off the sidewalk so no one had to shovel and it looks even better for tomorrow.  It amazes me how, when the temps hit the 30s every puts their hats and gloves away and don't even button their coats.  It's like spring.  When  it hits the 40s they leave the coats at home.  They don't do that down in Southern Indiana.  My mom was complaining about the cold and it was in the high 30s.

I got up pretty early this morning and did a load of clothes, took a shower and cleaned up the kitchen all before anyone else woke up.  I hope I can keep that schedule up.  It will mean I fall asleep before 10 at night but I can live with that.  As long as Tom doesn't wake me up when he comes home.  By then I would have had enough sleep to keep me awake and mess up my sleep patterns again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

He's been wanting sausage, gravy and biscuits for a while now but never puts them on the grocery list so I finally remembered to get them today.  That's what we'll have for supper tonight.  Then I can look at healthier foods starting tomorrow.  It's hard when the husband wants to cook heavy, greasy foods.  His cholesterol is fine.  Mine is crap.  I'll have to start controlling the meals on the weekends.  He tends to jump in there and fix supper without my input but I'll just have to be more on the ball.

But I'm off to take a short nap before fixing supper.  It's already been a long day for me.

TTFN

No comments: