Friday, February 25, 2011

Better days

I got my errands done today with no problems at all from the car.  But I did have the phone and Tom's work number with me.  I hope I don't get complacent again.

I managed to get some more knitting on the Greek afghan last night.  I'm on the home stretch and should be done this weekend sometime.  I'm already thinking about my next projects to start on.  I have another blanket that I set aside several months ago.  I've also got some sock yarn from a sock I had to frog because the feet were different lengths and it was so small I couldn't get it on over my heel.  I'll try a different pattern next time.  I've got Welsh top to spin and much yarn that could be something.  I just don't know what.  I'll come up with an idea.  I look ever day on Ravelry's pattern page to get ideas.

More snow is predicted this week but not much accumulation, thankfully.  I thought everything was pretty today with the bright sun on the white snow and the weather was a balmy 20F but I am looking forward to spring, I must say.

I'm nearly ready to get my seeds started.  I have a problem as Tom has designated the second shelf Hannibal's cat bird seat for looking out the window and I need it for seedlings.  I could move him down a shelf though and he can still see out.  He just can't lie down and see out.  I have tobacco seeds to start and I need to get some tomato and green pepper seeds.  I was going to get them from a seed catalog but we did just fine with the Burpee seeds last year.  I'll just get the seeds I can't get from StuffMart or any other local stores.  Mostly herbs that they don't sell around here.  I definitely want some sage bushes this year though.

I'm cooking potato-leek soup tonight for supper.  Zach has this cold and so I got him something from Taco Bell for supper.  You need to be pampered when you're sick, after all.  He can't eat potatoes without throwing up so this is an opportunity to cook them since he's already eaten.  Well, he can eat French fries, but no other kind of potato.  It's the texture thing that his OCD has going on.

I'm hoping to get some cleaning done this weekend.  I normally can't on the weekend because it's a tiny house and Tom is home but I'll give it my best shot since I don't seem to get anything done during the week.  I also want to hit the thrift store tomorrow. I rarely buy anything but I check out their yarn and needles and other stuff I can't afford to get full price.  Zach needs a suit coat, but not the whole suit for interviews.  I love to look at the notions and stuff in the craft section.  Plus I'm always on the lookout for candles.

Otherwise I intend to stay home more often as the gas prices are near $3.50 a gallon.  Crawling up to $4, which will kill our rural economy.

Well, off to peel potatoes (Tom doesn't like the peeling on his in soups) and brown some bacon.

TTFN

No comments: