Friday, February 18, 2011

Hoping I'm on the downhill journey of the head cold that will not end

I'm worn out.  All this coughing and sneezing, with eyes watering, not to mention lack of sleep has just worn me out and down.  I intend to stay in bed all weekend, thanks to my husband's orders.  Although I suspect Professor hasn't gotten the memo yet and will do his best to get me up.  Frequently.  And yet he slept through the night last night.  Of course he did.  I couldn't so he did it for me.

I still haven't touched any knitting.  It sucks that when you're down for the count you can't take advantage of that down time to knit happily away because your world is colorless when you're sick.  And creativity takes a vacation in other climes.

So I'm achy and sore from this whatever it is.  Not a flu but certainly a head cold with sinus infection and all the coughing that goes with it.  I'm too achy to knit tonight and too brain-fogged to read so I'm watching cooking shows, which for some reason make me so sleepy that I can't last through one of them.  Fortunately they're dvr'd so I can go back to them later.  Jamie Oliver has become a favorite as well as the Rocco guy in Italy.  Can't think of his name right now.  When I get better I'm going to start cooking more interesting meals.  I'm sick of casseroles.

Zach has been a huge help to me the past couple of days, taking Professor out and diverting his attention from me when I'm napping.  Plus all the work he's doing that I normally do.  I hope he doesn't get this, too.  Especially as next week will be full of job hunting and hopefully interviews with temp agencies.  They'll be sending his diploma in the mail.

The bird feeders are completely empty but with the strong winds we had today no bird could have sat on one.  At times they were nearly on their sides.  So I thought I would wait until tomorrow to fill them, as long as the winds die down a bit.  I'm so anxious to be done with this cold so I can get things done, especially as the ground is visible.  It's only a hint of spring, but even a hint is enough to perk me up.

Everyone is on their own tonight with French break pizzas because I'm not cooking and I'm not thinking well enough to come up with a meal plan.  But who doesn't like pizza and it is Friday.

Back to bed for me and then probably another nap since I can't stay awake.  Considering how little sleep I've had all week, it's no surprise that I'm sleeping so much today.  Plus it's such a relief to have times when I'm not coughing and sneezing and since I only have those times when I'm asleep, why stay awake?

Hopefully next time I write I'll be feeling much better.

TTFN

No comments: