Monday, February 21, 2011

Thankful for neighbors

Although someone on my facebook page was saying we got 10+ inches, we only got about 6 or so.  Thankfully the neighbor with his snow blower got the driveway apron after the snow plow went through.  And the snow plow driver had a hard time of it due to a barricade in the road in front of the neighbor's house.  As a result we have a mountain of snow just outside the driveway making it a one-way road.  I'll have to shovel some more snow in order to put the trash out tomorrow night because of it.

I went outside this morning and shoveled the snow behind the truck because Tom didn't need to get sweaty and chilled before going to work.  He did a lot of shoveling yesterday (and the neighbor returned the gesture this morning by getting our public sidewalks as well, bless him.)  I need to shovel out the car but that can wait until tomorrow because I'm taking it a bit easy after all the effort this morning and I'm not going anywhere tonight.  We were supposed to get a couple of more inches but so far all we've gotten is a dusting that I don't even need to shovel.

Tom says the trouble in Libya means gas prices are going to go up so I need to get the car in the shop to replace the headlights so he can take it to work instead of the truck.  Again, no matter how hard we try something happens and we end up behind again.  I can limit our trips to town but he still has to drive about 20+ miles to work each way.

I am feeling a bit better although my head hurt a lot earlier.  I irrigated my sinus and it was slightly cloudy again so I need to keep up with it as the infection seems to want to stick around.  I'll keep ahead of it rather than waiting for it to announce its presence to me.

I got some knitting done last night on the Greek afghan and found a pattern I like on Ravelry that is totally pointless.  I can see myself wearing that shopping.  NOT!  Still, it would be fun to have.  I have the yarn (although the ears would be brown rather than skin tone) but I'm not sure I want to use the yarn I have for that.  Still, I printed it out and put it in my folder.  Maybe someday I'll knit it up.

I've got a lot of light blue and off white yarn I'm wondering what to make into.  I don't need another blanket so I'm thinking maybe a poncho or something wearable.  Not sure about a sweater, although I do have enough.  I'll wait until something jumps up and smacks me in the face.

I do have another project I started that I can go back to that is another blanket that I might use as an altar cloth.  I can make it smaller so it fits my nightstand/altar.  I like the colors:  black and red.  I'm doing such a good job of not buying any yarn lately.  It's been over a month, I think.  And I'm not suffering from withdrawal.  Yet.

I've got baked potatoes cooking in the toaster oven and soon will start the panko tilapi.  I wish I had more energy and I would fix better side dishes but I used it all up outside today.  I wasn't gasping for breath as I normally do so maybe I am improving in that regard.  I just need to keep up with it.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and my energy levels will continue to improve.  In the meantime, I'm taking it easy tonight and not overdoing it so I've got some left over tomorrow to finish up the laundry.

TTFN

                                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments: