Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I need sleep

Today was even worse than yesterday in part because I was awake most of the night, but every time I did manage to doze off, the dog needed to go out to wee.  And he just won't let it go so I had to get up.  What really frosted me was I finally started to doze off after Tom woke up but when he went upstairs, the dog who had up until that time been dozing next to me, decided he needed to go out and wouldn't shut up until I got up and let him out.  That's my third night in a row with little sleep due to sore throat, headache or a bossy puppy.  I'm not getting up with him tonight no matter how loud he barks.

If I can sleep, that is.  I'm still feeling crappy.  The right sinus is the one infected and is hot and sore to the touch and stopped up so I'm a mouth breather these days.  And that is drying out my throat and making it sore.  I'm cranky as all get out and just want to lock my door and shut the world out but since I don't have a door, or even a wall for that matter, it's not going to happen.  I would love to go to sleep right now but I'll wake up when Tom comes home and that would make it worse since I wouldn't get back to sleep then.

I haven't done any knitting tonight.  I've tried reading but I keep dozing off (at which time the dog starts woofing at me...I've ignored him so far.)  I got some cough drops today because Tom gets the Halls stuff and the mentholatum in them makes me sick.  I got Ricola, which is much easier on my throat and sinuses.  Not to mention my stomach.

I'm going to lie down now as supper is done.  Not that I'm eating.  I have no appetite tonight.  Just thirsty and sleepy.

TTFN

No comments: