Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wanting to commit fiber adultery

Don't you just love it when family members stir the pot so other family members think you said something about them you didn't?  And don't you love it when the other family members believe, not you, but the one who is spreading the shit?  (Although this time I think they believe me.) And they can't figure out why you don't go home unless you're blackmailed into it.

'Nuff said.

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Zach applied for graduation and will be done as soon as his portfolio if approved, which is supposed to be a done deal.  As a reward, he treated himself to getting his other ear pierced.  He's a cheap date, to be sure.  I was expecting something more expensive.

I did okay dropping him off at the school and running to the library (since there was no place to park on campus) and then coming back to pick him up.  I was feeling a bit crummy when we stopped for a bite at McSnacky's and watched the protest in Madison on CNN there (it was a shock they didn't have Faux News up like they usually do) but then my head started feeling heavier and heavier, and as it was already dreary out, it seemed it was getting darker and darker out so we hit StuffMart to get the few things we needed.  By the time we got to the car, I was feeling like crap again.

So Zach is fixing supper tonight.  Yes, it's Chicken Helper, but it's still him fixing supper.  And I'm going back to bed.  I don't know why Tom gets this and is over it in three days and it takes me two weeks.

We had our last warm day for a while.  Temps will start going down tonight with snow predicted for Sunday and Monday and temps in the low 20s all week.  It was a nice respite but I knew it was a tease.  February still has a lot of kick left to it, not to mention the harshness March has to offer.  Still, I need to get my order in to the seed catalog.  Soon.

I might possibly knit tonight.  I haven't done any for a few days, which must mean that I'm really not feeling well.  I'm more than halfway done on the Greek afghan and am itching to be unfaithful to it with something smaller, like an amigurimi or some toy or other.  Or maybe a baby sweater.  I haven't done one of those in ages.  Or I might just go back to work on the Navajo coat.  So many choices and I don't have to buy any yarn for any of them.  I must get my stash down to a manageable status.  I have yarn stuffed in closets, bins, drawers and my armoir is almost totally full of yarn and notions.  I could knit for a year and still have yarn left over.  In fact, I need to.  But don't hold me to it.  I would cheat.  I'm just that kind of girl.

Well, off to bed with some cold meds and some herbs.  I didn't sleep much last night because I was coughing a lot.  Maybe I'll do better tonight.

TTFN

No comments: