Thursday, February 24, 2011

A real nothing day

It's been a completely wasted day.  I'm still in my pajamas and housecoat and I forgot to turn the furnace up until about 4 p.m.  I'm just trying to recover from the meltdown.  I spent the night kicking myself for not remaining calmer and for calling Tom out of work.  Hopefully next time it happens (and there is always a next time) I'll try more innovative ways to get the car started.  And keep the cell phone charged and in my purse.

I need to run errands tomorrow so I do need to get up and get something done today.  Maybe after a hot shower.  Or maybe I won't do anything but crawl back into bed since I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

I ended up reading most of the night, hoping it would make me sleepy but I finished the 3rd Percy Jackson book.  I like them very much and will read Rick Riordan's other series as well.  I have so many books I need to read.

I got a book of poetry by William Blake at the library as well.  I used to love poetry and read it (and wrote it) a lot but not in the past 20 years or so.  I'm feeling a hankering for it so I got some Blake and Yeats.  Very beautiful, very soothing.  I'm going to do this more often.

And since nothing has happened all day, I've got nothing to write about.  So I'm off to take a shower, fix supper and go to bed.  I'm that tired.

TTFN

2 comments:

LisaDiane said...

Sorry to hear about your rough day yesterday. I totally know what it feels like to get to that panicked place where it is hard to even focus! It is one of those things that winds up spiraling for me because once I realize I am doing that I get mad at myself, and then that makes me more irrational! Happily I have an amazingly supportive husband. Sounds like you do too!
You asked if I knew about Ravelry. I do, and I post many of my projects there. My name on Ravelry is "etherelm". I am working on a pair of socks right now, well, as soon as I quit typing ;-)

Kathy said...

Thanks, LisaDiane. It's getting better and it was a wakeup call to me to keep my phone with me and charged up at all times.

Ravelry is great, isn't it? I'm kawaski on there. I need to knit socks. I just haven't found a pattern for the yarn I've got. It's wildly colorful so I don't want to just knit plain but I don't want to knit a pattern that won't show up either. Plus the yarn isn't that great, sadly.

Yeah, my husband is very supportive. :)