Monday, February 14, 2011

The winter of the sinus infection

Still struggling with a sinus infection that may or may not have flu-like tendencies.  It's mostly my right sinus and has been prone to infection all winter.  I may have to break down and see the doctor if this doesn't quit soon.  I wonder how much of the fatigue is due to a low grade, long term infection.

But I have gotten a tremendous amount of knitting done on the Greek afghan. In fact, I'm positively monogamous.  Mostly monogamous, anyway.  I should spend some time on the Navajo coat, too, but I'm having too much fun on the afghan.  I think I have just enough purple to finish it up.  I don't think it will be as long as the pattern calls for but I don't need it that long anyway.  I still have tons of the off white yarn leftover so I can combine that with the blue and come up with something else...like a poncho or something.

Another warm day today with temps in the high 30s.  Supposedly Thursday will be in the 50s.  I can see grass and that gives me a promise of spring to look forward to.  Still, February and March can be real bastards so I expect some payback for the nice days soon. At least I'm not ready to pull the plastic off the windows.  But I will say it's been nice to have two nights without the furnace running.  And today the temps were higher indoors than what I had the thermostat sitting on.  I love the sound of no money being spent.

The pressure in my head is making me drowsy and lethargic.  And stupid.  Thinking is just too hard today.  And I was all set to get back to studying this week.  It's a conspiracy, I tell you!  I won't have time to do any studying tomorrow because we go to the campus so Zach can file his application to graduate.  That was a long time coming, it seems.  He's done except for that.  And shelling out $30 with the application because nothing in life is free.

While there we'll get a form that states he was a student last year so we can get our last year of tax credit for it.  After this he won't be a dependent anymore. 

I watched the first episode of Deadwood last night.  I had seen an episode from, I think, the third season and I couldn't really keep up so seeing it from the beginning made a lot more sense, but the OnDemand only has a few of the first eps and they will disappear from there tomorrow.  I don't feel like a marathon tonight, though.  If I really do want to watch it, I'll get it from the library.  Jim Beaver is the main reason for watching it.  I'm a huge fan of his.

Well, I need to start supper and get the laundry out of the dryer.  And put another load in.  I thought about hanging a load out today but there is still a foot of snow under the clothes line with mushy grass under that and I don't feel like negotiating it.  I might tomorrow though as I need to take the compost out and refill the bird feeders.  Except we might get some drizzle.  Just when the temps rise enough to use it, I get rain.  Oh, well.

The sooner my work is done, the sooner I can go to bed.  I had a night of sore throat and headache last night so sleep wasn't restorative.

TTFN

No comments: