Friday, February 11, 2011

I was tired of winter until I got a nifty new coat

We got out today in the car, getting home just before we needed lights.  Not just before it was required to use them.  We had plenty of time for that.  I mean before we were invisible to traffic out there, the car being gray, the road being gray and the skies being gray.  I was extra careful on the way home knowing that some people might not look well enough to see us.  We made it home just fine.

While at StuffMart today we saw coats on sale for 50% off and since I've been wearing Zach's old coat for 3 years, I thought I would look at some new ones.  I found a really beautiful coat that comes down to mid-thigh, the perfect length for me instead of mid-ass.  It was black and had black fur on the hood.  And it fit on my huge lymphadema arm.  Twenty dollars.  So I bought it although it's not as heavy as my man-coat.  Zach wondered after looking at all the women's coats whether they thought women didn't get cold since none of them were as heavy or as warm.  Zach found one for $6.50.  Really heavy and warm.  But I would look like a beach ball in one of those and I'm tired of looking ugly.

Zach wants to lose weight so we are going to try to hold each other up and see if that helps some.  I don't want to ever diet again, but I can manage my portions and eat better and move more.  That's as far as I will go though because every diet I've ever been on has backfired on me and I've gained it all back and then some.  Still, I would love to be healthier and not look so terrible all the time.

I got some knitting done last night after all.  I just couldn't lay there in bed doing nothing so I picked up the Greek afghan and worked on it until I got sleepy.  Then I put it up and turned the lights off, set the timer on the tv and went to sleep.  I slept in until Hannibal woke me up.  It was his turn, after all.  The dog and cat have a tag team going on.  He was curled up on my chest with his head pressed up against mine and I heard his stomach grumble.  Then he was off me like a shot and throwing up on the steps we have so Professor can get in bed.  I had to wash the cover for the bottom step.  I'm so glad he didn't throw up with his head next to mine.  But it did wake me up.

Professor is bugging me now because he wants me to go to my room so he can lie down on the bed.  He has to be in the same room with me so if he wants to go there, I must, too.  Too bad because I have to make supper.  Baked ziti, I think, with meatballs because these guys don't like meatless meals.

I got some more reading done on First Man in Rome and Zach has been reading some short stories about Artemis Fowl.  Zach rarely watches television and I don't turn it on until evening so it's peaceful here all day long.   Until the weekend when Tom comes downstairs and has the living room tv blaring so loud I can't even hear the one in my bedroom and have to resort to reading closed captioning.  Which may or may not actually be what is being said.  Not to mention I miss the lovely accents.

And the weekend is coming up.  He's not feeling well so maybe he'll rest up in bed most of the weekend.

Well, off to fix supper so I can crawl into bed for the night.  It's my favorite time of the day.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Yay!! I also love coats that come down longer!
Still ready for spring though!
Vicki